037

037

THE night was rather that of much needed laughs. though surrounded by taehyung and a bunch of supernatural beings, jimin, for a moment, felt at ease. he felt almost too comfortable around them, but still, he didn't distance or close himself off.

he noticed yoongi seemed agitated by the intrusion of his friends, but when jimin pulled him aside so they could skate alone, his expression softened. jimin decided that there were a lot of things he liked about the reaper.

he liked his genuine smile, because it was childlike and made him want to squish the others cheeks. he liked his eyes because they always seemed calculating despite their soft appearance, which made jimin think yoongi was well knowledged. but most of all, jimin liked the side of yoongi that was trusting and human.

he knew, of course, that yoongi would never be a human and he couldn't force that side of him to come out. but there were times when he noticed the older appeared more mortal than he truly was, and something about that settled well within him; he didn't feel so scared.

"those idiots," yoongi mumbled, eyes trained on their friends. "this is all because of your stupid guardian angel."

"hoseok isn't stupid." jimin pouted as he followed yoongi's gaze.

hoseok was skating happily, not seeming to notice taehyung trying to catch up to him, and jungkook trying to get taehyung's attention. then, his eyes flicked to namjoon as seokjin.

the two were quite entertaining to watch. namjoon could barely stand properly in his rollerblades, a death grip on seokjin's arm.

"at least they aren't bothering us." jimin offered, causing a slow, sly smile to spread across yoongi's face.

"so you want to be alone with me?"

despite not wanting to, jimin flushed. he cursed internally at himself for always feeling awkward around yoongi. "i just wanted to cheer you up." trying to get rid of the embarrassment he was feeling, he punched the others arm lightly.

"then put those pretty lips of yours to better use." yoongi winked, knowing he'd get an amusing reaction from jimin.

like expected, jimin's eyes widened significantly and he almost tripped over his skates.

"you're the personified version of your scythe, you know that." he shook his head in bewilderment.

yoongi only gave a short laugh at this, and silence fell between the two again.

yoongi was well aware of the glances jimin kept sneaking at him, but he didn't say anything. he was grateful, much to his distaste, of jimin's kindness. he couldn't quite place why jimin wanted him to feel better other than the fact that he was genuinely a nice person.

the colorful lights kissed the skin of the reaper in ways that mesmerized jimin. the shades of blue and pink shone on his face, lighting up features that jimin couldn't help but notice. yoongi's hooded, slightly tired looking eyes kept trained on the floor in front of him.

jimin had the urge to hold his hand. he really wanted to hold yoongi's hand. his own fingers twitched and his muscles ached to move closer towards the grim reaper.

he felt slightly intoxicated, and something came over him.

so he did. he stopped thinking. stopped worrying. he took yoongi's hands into his own.

the silence stayed, the music blared, the lights strobed. their pulses seemed to beat with each other's.

"you have small hands."

and min yoongi ruined the moment.

____
tag yourself, i'm yoongi