030

030

NAMJOON and jungkook walked about a small shop, not necessarily paying attention to their surroundings. the sun strewn into the room warming up their cold skin. jungkook's artful fingers lingered on objects he knew he didn't need, but caught his attention otherwise.

the two had nothing special to do today, so they decided to walk around and do nothing together. the morning had come with songs of birds and rays of warmth. namjoon had always appreciated the beauty that came with sunrise, while jungkook preferred the sunset.

"we both know well that he's still with that boy," jungkook voiced when namjoon stepped beside him. "don't you wonder what they're up to?" jungkook continued. namjoon paid him little mind as he replied with a shrug, picking up a small trinket as delicate as glass.

"can't we spy on them?" jungkook reverted back into the child he was, hands going to namjoon's bicep. "please, joonie. let's be spies." he was swaying back and forth, slightly rocking the older with him.

"if you keep doing that, i'll stab you." namjoon's empty threat only made jungkook whine more. "and how do you know i wouldn't want that?" the suggestive question came with jungkook's low tone and sudden change in demeanor.

he was always flirting with someone or something. the other day, namjoon caught him flirting with a sports car. "because i'll make sure it pierces through your special demon part." namjoon pointed to jungkook's crotch, and the boy instantly brought space between the two.

"elephant boy wouldn't treat me like this." jungkook huffed, reminding namjoon of a child who couldn't get their way. and in this moment, jungkook was a child.

"elephant boy only likes you because you didn't poison his ribs." the older said pointedly, and moved around jungkook to observe the stained glass items on the shelf.

the owner of the store watched the two with interesting eyes, but they hadn't noticed.

"fine." jungkook followed namjoon. "well i'm bored, so if you aren't going to buy anything then can we leave?"

namjoon rolled his shoulders as the younger quickly was getting on his nerves. he loved jungkook dearly, but sometimes he just wanted some quiet. "who said i was going to buy anything?" he carefully detached the piece of art from where it stood propped up.

the glass was beautiful in brilliant colors of yellow and orange, red and pink, a soft blue; it was namjoon's sunrise.

as he was going to leave the shop, the owner spoke up catching their attention. "i hope you don't intend to steal from me." they turned to the man behind the counter, unable to hide their confusion.

"you can see us?" namjoon's voice was low in uncertainty, a defensive side of him instantly rising. he felt something primal in him stir, but he was able to keep it at bay.

jungkook scoffed incredulous and side eyed the boy beside him, "how many fucking mortals have this ability now?"

"did you just assume my species?" the man remained behind the counter but straightened his posture, cocking his head to the side with a neatly raised brow.

"are you insinuating that you aren't human?" namjoon went on. his eyes narrowed at the man as he scanned his features.

"nope." and with a pop of the 'p' from the owner's lips, his fingers snapped and the three were no longer in the warmly lit shop.

___
ah yeah