finale pt. 4

finale pt. 4; final chapter bitches

00:33
JIMIN woke up in violent coughs from the swelling feeling of the air in his lungs being replaced by rushing water. his eyes were bloodshot and tears began to brim at the rim with every heave he gave.

yoongi quickly rushed to his side, aiding him in pats on the back and a glass full of water, but jimin wanted anything but that.

when the upheaval of his worrisome coughs finally subsided, he took deeps gulps of the water yoongi offered. his throats suddenly felt as if it were scratched from the side by nails coated in toxins.

he grabbed the glass with two hands and didn't stop to take a breath. the cool water glided down his esophagus in soothing streams, bringing down the pain he felt down to a level of tolerance.

"chim," yoongi sat down at the space next to him. only then did he realize he was in his apartment, in his room, on his bed. he wondered how long he'd been out for. "i wouldn't be so worried about you fainting if you had drank anything, but you fainted completely sober."

the caring side of his boyfriend was something only he was allowed to see, and while yoongi showed it often, it was still a bit weird.

"not only that," the reaper started again, but more slowly this time. he was wildly confused and unsure how to approach the topic. "you can't bleed, jimin."

having not elaborated, jimin still understood and he felt dizzy at the whole situation. seeing antó̱nios wasn't some strange unconscious coincidence, but rather reality.

"when you fell, there was a half of a discarded bottle and the ground. i was really worried when it pierced your arm, but when i pulled it out—" yoongi lifted up the short sleeve of jimin's shirt to show him that his arm was spotless of any scar, cut, or bruise. "i don't understand." the older caressed the spot he was holding onto and ran his thumb across jimin's warm skin.

jimin sat up a bit straighter. he felt disoriented and discombobulated, as if he he'd just gone through jet-lag. "i have something to tell you." his voice was croaked and deep with something far more different than just grogginess.

jimin recited to yoongi what antó̱nios had told him. he assumed that fainting was due to the raven demon and he was brought to a realm in which they could communicate. jimin strayed from telling yoongi about his parents, having the feeling the he already knew.

through all of this yoongi was quiet. he soaked in the information in a stunned silence. most of what he felt was confusion and slight apprehension. now he was the one full of questions.

he wondered how long this had been planned for. he wondered if this had been set by the time he became the grim reaper of by the time of jimin's birth. he even strangely thought of taehyung, who was now the only human amongst them now.

"maybe that's why our powers didn't work on you, but they worked on taehyung." yoongi nodded thoughtfully. "you were never supposed to be under our influence because you're bound to me, and i'm bound to you. somewhere in you, there was something not entirely human."

"but that doesn't explain how you were able to block my memories of the night on the rooftop." jimin added in.

"that's something i can do with all creatures, jiminie. it's a great advantage i have when wanting to get out of dumb situations i put myself in," jimin chuckled, "but sometimes it doesn't always work."

momentary silence filled the room and settled heavily on their shoulders. both deep in thought at their newfound knowledge.

"what about taehyung, yoongi?" jimin's voice was small, and it cracked. looking up at his boyfriend, the reaper saw his bottom lip begin to quiver.