Chapter 3 - Konoha

This chapter is dedicated to lucy0976! Happy reading :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saya pov:

Ugh....I should not have been overconfident while being guided by Yamamoto san or while fighting against Aizen san. I learnt a very important lesson – never underestimate your opponent and never get ahead of yourself just because you have power. No matter what the situation, I should never be prideful.

It was because I acted recklessly in front of Aizen that I was laying on the cold hard ground now, my body drained of energy, and my right side throbbing. So much for being so powerful....

A few moments passed and I sighed deeply. It was hopeless to try and squeeze out the scanty reishi from my surroundings in my state. Instead of getting stronger with the reishi I was absorbing, the process of doing so was draining me of whatever energy I had left in my body. I stopped trying to speed up my healing as well for the same reason.

I took a deep breath and opened my eyes to come face to face with a lovely blue sky bordered by the leaves of the trees. There were puffy cumulus clouds here and there. The breeze that went past me was gentle and it made me feel a little better.

After a few moments of just staring at the sky, I looked around me so I could try and see just how deep in the forest I was and possibly figure out what I had to do now. Much to my surprise, the first thing that I noticed was that the area around where I was lying looked like a mess.

"What in the world?" I mumbled out to no one in particular.

Something had happened that had caused is area of the forest to be damaged. It didn't look like any animals had fought here. Some of the tree branches were cut clean off, some tree trunks had had been sliced clean through; there were even craters left on the ground with a black char as residue around the edges. Some parts of the ground were uneven, some moist and had deep feet tracks like someone had resisted from being pushed back. Several trunks of the trees around me had been crushed as well and there were splinters lying at their base.

All that I could see around me indicated that the elements of nature had been used as weapons. Fire, water and possibly even sharp slashes of wind. I did notice shiny metal objects lodged in the trunks as well. They kind of looked like....shuriken?

Since when do people use shuriken to fight anyway? I hadn't seen any shinigami use shuriken to fight before. Then again, I hadn't met all of the shinigami in Soul Society so I couldn't say for sure that seeing shuriken in a battle ground was odd.

While I was looking for more details in my surroundings, I happened to notice blood stains here and there and a bit of ripped clothing held in place by a kunai on one of the tree trunks. It looks like people had been injured in this fight but since there wasn't anyone around anymore, I guessed that they still had enough strength to have retreated from here.

It was a little strange that I couldn't pick up any residue reiatsu left behind by either shinigami or hollows. This may be the human world but if there had been a fight, there had to be some reiatsu left behind, right? The remnants of the battle were fresh so why couldn't I pick up any reiatsu, let alone reishi?

Besides, I don't remember seeing a forest close to Karakura Town. We had to drive at least fifty miles away from the outskirts of Karakura Town to see even a small forest. What had happened here? More important than that, where was I?

I suppose it was time for me to get up and look around. I took a deep breath and put in some effort to sit up. Crunching my abs, I sat up with a wince in pain. Once I was sitting up, I shut my eyes and held my right side as it throbbed. I didn't wait for the pain to settle this time though and I managed to stand up while holding onto my limp right arm. I was a little wobbly but I would gain balance soon enough.