Chapter 36 - Return

This chapter is dedicated to sweet_demon14! Happy reading! :3

~~~~~~~~~~

Saya pov:

"This cannot be happening...." I mumbled to myself as I looked around the silent battlefield.

I took the support of the thick trunks as I trudged my way through the battlefield. Every single person had been mummified and were handing from the trees. The moon was red with the Sharingan and Rinnegan pattern reflected on it and I couldn't sense a single person moving or fighting. Everyone had succumbed to the Infinite Tsukuyomi.

My eyes stung and my breathing got raspy. Was there really no one who wasn't left uninfluenced by this? Kakashi san, Yamato san, Naruto, Sasuke and especially Itachi....were they all wrapped up and in control of the Infinite Tsukuyomi? Was I the only one who was like this?!

"No please....someone! There has to be someone out there! Please answer me! Itachi! Sasuke! Please!!" I called out.

I got no response besides the echoing of my own voice.

"No....." I mumbled again, my eyes stinging and a few shameless tears making their way down my cheeks.

How could this have happened?! I was the only one who wasn't under the genjutsu now. None of my comrades were to be seen and neither was Madara. There was no one left awake. I was alone now.

"Saya chan! Oiiiii!!!" I looked to the side upon hearing a voice.

Kon was running towards me and I felt a wave of relief wash over me knowing that there was at least one person besides me still awake and sane. He stopped in front of me and gasped as he looked over me.

"Saya chan! You're so badly hurt!!" He said, evidently worried.

I managed a very small smile and shook my head. "I'm alright....I can hold out for a while. Are you alright?"

"Well besides nearly being trampled by the people running around, yeah, I'm fine." He muttered and fell in pace with me as I walked further through the battlefield. "What's going on here, Saya chan? I mean, who were all those people and what's this weird tree?? It turned everyone into mummies!!"

As we walked keeping the tiniest hope of finding someone awake and aware, I briefed out some of the basic things about this world to Kon. I told him how I had gone to fight Aizen on my own, how he had stripped me of my power and sent me to this world, how I adapted, pretending to be a shinobi myself, meeting the man who was responsible for my dreadful childhood and how I had defeated him. I also explained some of the basic powers shinobi possessed and used to fight. I told him about Itachi who I had fallen in love with and wanted to spend my life with as well as what was going on right now with the red moon, the tree and the mummified shinobi.

"Then how come I'm not affected by it?? I wish I was....I would really be in heaven then!" He said cupping his cheeks and giving a perverted blush.

As much as I wanted to step on him and snap him out of his perverted thoughts, I decided to do so later when I actually had enough strength to move around properly. I sufficed with a roll of my eyes and looked ahead.

"You probably weren't affected because you're a Modified Soul. And the genjutsu that I was put in wasn't perfect because I'm not from this world. That's why I was able to break free of it. Right now, we need to find a way to break the genjutsu and free everybody else." I said narrowing my eyes.

I took another wobbly step forward and everything around me spun for a moment. I fell to my knees clutching the fabric above my chest feeling the pain from the wounds I had suffered. My throat burned causing me to cough. My esophagus burned and I got the metallic taste of blood in my mouth. A few drops dripped down the side of my lips and fell to the ground staining it a sickening dark red color.