Chapter 9 - Konoha's Will of Fire

Saya pov:

"Hey Yamato san....when am I going to get to do something besides sitting under this tree??" I asked, bored out of my brains.

"What do you mean? You're getting to see how ninjas fight and that's a good thing, isn't it?" Yamato san responded from where he stood leaning against the tree trunk with his arms crossed over his chest.

"That's what I've been doing since the past four days!" I hollered, throwing both arms up in the air. "I know it's good to gain experience from watching other people but what's the point in watching and not trying to learn myself?! I don't want to be sitting here idly! I want to train too! I want to go on missions and protect people too! Why can't I do that yet??"

I was getting really annoyed of being treated like a criminal here. It's fine to be cautious but c'mon! I hadn't done anything in the time I was here! I was friendly, I helped Yamato san with all the housework, I had got all the basic information I needed to know from the library and I had met almost all the main teams that went out on missions. I had seen all of them sparring, I had seen their unique jutsus too! So why am I still being refused my katana, refused for the seal on my so called chakra to be broken and still having the four ANBU follow me everywhere I went?!

Sure, I was allowed to go outside the compound wall of Konoha and watch Kurenai san's team train today but it didn't change the fact that I was still not trusted.

"You're still healing, aren't you?" Yamato san said making my pout turn to a frown. "Besides, until Tsunade sama says you can train and fight, this is how you have to stay."

I closed my eyes and slumped my shoulders while leaning against the tree. I was sitting at the base of it under the cool shade. I suppose if it was any other time, I would have enjoyed this relaxing moment and watched the clouds as they floated in the sky. I would probably have sang a song as well but today, I just wasn't in the mood. I wasn't in the mood to even watch Kiba, Shino and Hinata battle against Kurenai san even though they were my favorite team at the moment.

And I had healed up almost completely a long time ago.

After introductions three days ago with all the members of the teams, I got really close to Kiba. I also really loved his ninja dog Akamaru. He was an absolute sweetheart and I think I spent more than two hours just ruffling his fur and having him cover my face with slobber on the first day we met. I was an animal lover and I was glad that animals seemed to like being around me too.

Besides, Kiba was a really friendly guy. He was the type who mixed well with people, especially if they got along with Akamaru. He was from the Inuzuka Clan and had heightened senses just like his canine counterpart. He boasted to me that he could sniff out an enemy or anyone else even if they were miles away. I really liked the red tattoos he had on his cheeks too. They accentuated his confident and cool attitude.

Hinata was a sweet girl too but a little shy. The innocence about her was really adorable though and I almost saw her like a younger sister. I suppose she was a mix of Yuzu and Karin. She was kind, sweet and caring like Yuzu but shy like Karin. Although, Karin always covered up her shy girly side by being a tomboy.

Hinata was from the Hyuga Clan and possessed the ocular kekkei genkai called the Byakugan. From what I remember reading in the library, the Hyugas use Juken – something called the gentle fist technique that can be used to attack the body's Chakra Pathway System. Besides being able to see the Chakra Pathway System of a person and spot them from several miles away, their Byakugan when activated, gives them three sixty degrees vision with just one blind spot – the back of the neck above the first thoracic vertebrae. I wasn't told about the blind spot but having experience in battle helped me figure this out when I watched her spar against her team.