Chapter 33 - Unexpected Appearances

The pic is Saya's Bankai - a tanto ninja sword ;D

This chapter is dedicated to Sora_Akatsuki! Happy reading! :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yamato pov:

"Is that all you've got? And you were saying that I was all bark and no bite." Saya mused as she blocked Madara's attack single handedly.

They had exchange a few hits in the past fifteen minutes, most of which caused Madara and Obito damage but left Saya dodging and blocking easily. Well, Madara was a reanimated person so no matter how much she hurt him, his body reformed to normal. But Obito was a different case. He had lost blood and despite being the ten tails jinchuriki at the moment, he was slowing down.

Madara had realized that Saya was not an easy opponent so he was using the Susanoo – a chakra shield that had the appearance of a human. But Saya wasn't overpowered by it in the least. Itachi and Sasuke had the ability to use Susanoo too and they were currently being protected by it. As for the rest of the shinobi, they were resting because they saw that Saya was taking care of everything and the strange looking man was guarding them. There were some of us though who were still tense and wary of what was happening though.

If Saya was fighting so easily against both Madara and Obito, we couldn't even fathom how strong she was. And it looked to us like Saya was quite enjoying herself. Her reflexes were faster than Madara's and Obito's and that was probably what gave her an advantage over the two of them. We were all the more surprised because she was so powerful without even the slightest increase in her chakra.

"Katon: Housenka no Jutsu!" Madara sent huge balls of fire at Saya, ones that could not be avoided easily.

It was all the more startling because Madara didn't aim at Just Saya. He aimed it at all the shinobi who were watching the fight. Itachi and Sasuke managed to block several of them with their Susanoo and the man who was guarding us shinobi held up his hand to summon a ball of sparking purple energy. It shot out in all directions as individual cannons and hit the fireballs head on and caused violent explosions in the air. It sent powerful vibrations through the air and the ground and all of us to lost balance and fell onto our knees.

"Oi oi! You're going to have to do better than that, you know?" The man protecting us called out annoyed. "He doesn't really think he can beat Sasa like that even though they're almost at the same power level...."

As multiple fireballs closed in on Saya, she rotated her tanto sword with her finger through the ring at the end of the hilt and got down on one knee while thrusting the blade into the ground.

"Hokai-kyuu! [disintegrating sphere!]" Saya yelled and a hollow sphere of the same purple energy expanded around her and all the fireballs exploded without hurting her even in the slightest.

The ground below Saya crumbled and we felt more shockwaves reach all the way till where we were. We had to stay on the ground bracing ourselves through the impact. And the minute the sphere dissipated, Saya shot out towards Obito leaving a crumbling crater at her feet.

"How can she be so powerful?! She doesn't seem to be finding this battle tough at all!" Tsunade sama said shocked.

"Hey Tsunade sama!" The man called out gaining our attention. "She's always been powerful; she just couldn't tell you because she didn't want to be made an outcaste. I hope you don't push her away from Konoha and all the friends she's made while living there – she really treasures you all, you know?"

"Who are you?" Tsunade sama asked him.

"Didn't you hear her calling my name? My name's Akatsuki! And I'm her other half." He grinned proudly lifting his hand to send out the purple energy attack and preventing another fireball from reaching us.