Chapter 28 - Shocking Revelation

This chapter is dedicated to Sora_Akatsuki! Happy reading! :3

~~~~~~~~~

Saya pov:

"I don't like the feel of this place. The darkness is....brooding." I mumbled as I looked around the mansion through which we were walking.

"What's the matter? Are you scared, sweetheart? You can hold my hand if you want to." Suigetsu mocked from beside me.

Karin snickered at that but neither Sasuke nor Jugo bothered to react. I couldn't react to them either because the vibes I was getting from being in this place was really unnerving. I felt like someone I knew was here – someone I knew but didn't want to see. I don't think I had anyone like that in this world so I couldn't understand why I was feeling this way.

I wrapped my arms around myself and clenched my jaw as I looked ahead of Sasuke. We were walking towards huge double doors beside which there were four people standing guard. When we reached the doors, Sasuke said something to them and also handed them a chit of paper which they looked through before letting us into the room.

The room was really big and luxurious. It looked more like a throne room with fancy furniture, gold decorations and satin curtains. There was a haughty looking man sitting on a big throne and he wore silk robes, lots of gold ornament – necklaces and rings – and was drinking wine from a glass pitcher. There were several women sitting around him to feed him fruits, refill his wine pitcher and massage his shoulders and feet. I felt a little disgusted by the sight in front of me.

"Ah, Uchiha Sasuke san! I was expecting you." The man straightened up and waved to the women.

They all bowed to him and excused themselves, leaving the six of us alone in the room. However, I could sense quite a few chakras outside the doors through which we came in as well as the doors behind the throne the guy was sitting on. There was one particular chakra though that was dark and sinister. I was even more bothered by it because the person had a strong reiatsu as well – easily at the level of a lieutenant.

"You have a fine team with you I see, especially the two women. They're very beautiful."

I mentally gagged at the way the guy looked at me and Karin from head to toe. Karin noticeably shuddered and the two of us glared threateningly at the guy. He cringed back a bit and looked away from us to address Sasuke once again.

"Anyway, what brings you here, Sasuke san? What can I do for you? I humbly offer up my services to repay you for saving my life."

He got up from his chair and came to stand just a few feet away from Sasuke. He was smiling though I could tell that it was more of a manipulative smile rather than a friendly one.

"Harada, I want information on Uchiha Itachi." Sasuke said demandingly.

"Ah! You want information on your brother? On his whereabouts, I assume?" Harada asked.

"No. I can find out about that on my own. I want to know about the Uchiha Clan, the massacre and Uchiha Itachi when he was still in Konoha. I want to know about the past – there's something I need to find out." Sasuke said narrowing his eyes.

"But tell me, Sasuke san....you wish to kill him, do you not? Why are you suddenly interested in him now?" Harada asked curiously.

"That is none of your business. Can you or can you not get the information I need?" Sasuke demanded again.

"Of course I can get you in touch with someone who had all the information you want, Sasuke san. They don't call me the underworlds best informant for nothing." Harada chuckled proudly. "However, I cannot do something so big for free. I expect to receive something in return for my effort."