Chapter 19 - Akatsuki

This chapter is dedicated to icespade! Happy reading! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saya pov:

"Are we there yet??" I asked for the umpteenth time today as I walked between Itachi san and Kisame san.

"You sure are talkative when you get used to people." Kisame san commented while looking down at me with a grin wide enough to show his sharp teeth.

I shrugged with a smile and looked up at the few fluffy cumulus clouds in the light blue sky. Today was a pleasant day and the weather was perfect for walking through the forest just as we were doing now. We had been traveling for the past two days while taking short breaks every now and then to eat and replenish our energy. During the night, we either camped out or stayed in the local inn of the village we passed by.

Itachi san and Kisame san were actually nice people to be around and I got quite comfortable while traveling with them. I was able to talk to them in a friendly way and during our travel, I helped out with catching fish and gathering other food for our meals and even had short random conversations with Kisame san. I was asked about my past, obviously, and what they called the Blue Flame Release jutsu. I had explained my past as briefly as possible, giving details similar to what I had given to Inoichi san when he went through my memories. As for the Blue Flame Release justu, I had passed it off by saying I wasn't sure how or when I got the ability.

These two Akatsuki members were somewhat opposites in terms of personalities – both inside and outside. Kisame san was really tall, well built and had a friendly outgoing personality. He spoke freely with me, always called me 'kid'. He had a lot of respect for Itachi san and used the honorific with him even though Itachi san just called him by his first name. I also found out that he was one of the famous seven ninja swordsmen from the Hidden Mist Village. He also had the nickname 'tail-less bijuu' because of his superhuman chakra level combined with his Samehada. He thoroughly enjoyed fighting – I could tell from the way he was totally revved up when we ran into some shinobi in the forest yesterday.

Itachi san was of average height – a little less than six feet tall. He was quiet and very observant, always keeping a keen eye on what happened around him. He barely spoke but he did have passing conversations with Kisame san on things related to the Akatsuki and their missions. His Sharingan was almost always activated and his chakra level was pretty high too – I was sure that he was a really skilled shinobi. But I don't think he liked fighting. Well, he let Kisame san take care of the shinobi yesterday and merely watched while standing beside me so I assumed he didn't like fighting. But I couldn't be sure, especially because of his past that I had read about very recently in the library in Togè Village.

He still had the look of pain in his eyes that I had seen on the second time we met and even though I really wanted to ask him about the Uchiha Clan massacre, I couldn't do it. It was quite a sensitive topic after all.

During the breaks we took while traveling, I healed Itachi san's sickness bit by bit. He showed hesitance and resistance the first one or two times but seeing that I wasn't going to give up on pestering him, he didn't even bother looking at me when I took a seat beside him to heal him.

There were one or two instances during our journey when I would feel his gaze on me. It was when I was either talking to Kisame san or just looking up at the sky lost in through during our breaks. I didn't know what to make of it because he would look away the minute I caught him staring. It had really piqued my curiosity but I decided not to think about it too much.

As I walked now, I took a glance at Itachi san. Half of his face was covered by the high collar of the Akatsuki cloak and he was looking ahead, his brows furrowed and his Sharingan active. I was a little unsettled looking at his eyes now because I had experienced the Tsukuyomi. Even though what he had done to me in his genjutsu wasn't like what had happened in my past, it was enough to leave me pretty shaken. The vision I had had soon after had only increased the uneasiness inside of me.