Chapter 23 - 'I Love You'

This chapter is dedicated to Acid_Lilac! Happy reading! :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saya pov:

I wrung the excess water out of my spare shirt rather vigorously and dabbed the slight sweat off Itachi san's face and neck and shoulders. I had taken off his blood stained and torn shirt so I could heal him. Under normal circumstances, I'm sure I would have been rather flustered seeing him shirtless. However, the whole time I attended to him as he lay unconscious in front of me, I had my jaw tightly clenched and my brows deeply furrowed. I wasn't exactly angry, but I was peeved.

"Oi kid, are you seriously going to ignore me? I asked you a question and I'm expecting you to answer." Kisame san said.

I could feel his gaze boring holes through my head but I hadn't even glanced at him, let alone answered his question. He had asked me about my so called Blue Flame Release jutsu as well as my katana – having seen its transformation that had apparently increased not just my reiatsu and physical strenght but also my chakra. From the way Kisame san put it, my chakra hadn't increased enough to make them wary about my skills as a shinobi but it was a noticeable change nonetheless.

Even as he questioned me sternly now, I completely ignored him.

"It's not going to do you any good to ignore me, you know? I'll just force you to talk." Kisame san threatened again.

However, our one sided conversation was cut short when Itachi san twitched. He groaned softly and opened his eyes, finally regaining consciousness after almost two hours. He blinked several times while taking in his surroundings before sitting up. He turned and took a glance at his back where he had been wounded. However, now there was nothing besides a slight scar on his skin.

"You okay, Itachi san? You were in pretty bad shape. It's a good thing we have a skilled healer on our team though." Kisame san said while grinning and now ignoring me.

"Yes, I'm fine. Did you report to Leader sama as to what happened? We have to leave soon to meet up with Deidara and Tobi for another attempt at finding the sanbi." Itachi san said simply making me grind my teeth in growing annoyance.

"Yeah, I told Leader sama that we had a run in with the Raikage and the hachibi jinchuriki but we had to retreat. I didn't tell his it was because you stepped in unnecessary to protect our new member though. Anyway, do we leave right away to find the sanbi?" Kisame san asked curiously.

"We've wasted enough time already. Leader sama doesn't like it when we cause delays so it would be best if we take our leave immediately."

"You should be resting for a while, Itachi san." I interrupted, my voice slightly rude.

Both of them looked at me when I spoke. Itachi san looked mildly curious while Kisame san was frowning.

"You're not the one in charge here, kid. Unlike you who has things easy because you're an unofficial member, we have important missions to be completing. So instead of poking your nose into our matters unnecessarily, why don't you answer the questions I asked you before?" Kisame san said, still frowning.

"I'll be the one deciding if I want to answer your questions or not. And I know I'm not in charge. I'm just suggesting that Itachi san rests a bit to recuperate from the blood loss from his wound." I narrowed my eyes and spoke rather sharply.

"I have no need to rest. Since my wound is healed, we should set out on our next mission." Itachi san said.

"Speaking of which, what is our next mission, Itachi san?" Kisame san asked while leaning forward a bit.