Chapter 11 - Chakra Training

This chapter is dedicated to Acid_Lilac! Happy reading :3

~~~~~~~~~~

Saya pov:

"Ouch! Darn it!!" I hissed through my teeth at another failed attempt at using chidori.

After the spar with the ANBU, I was finally trusted, or so to say, and given the chance to serve as a Konoha shinobi. I had the Konoha forehead protector tied over my forehead to prove it.

Yamato san had taken me shopping just before I met up with Kakashi san on the day I was to start training. I was a little against the idea because I didn't want to make Kakashi san wait for me so I tried to hurry with picking out what I wanted to wear. Yamato san had chuckled at my panicking and had told me that I had no reason to worry about being late for training. Apparently, Kakashi san wasn't punctual most of the time.

And Yamato san was right! Even though we arrived at the training ground almost half an hour late, Kakashi san hadn't turned up yet! He arrived an hour after us and gave us his apparently standard reason of 'I got lost on the path of life.'

Anyway, after Yamato san had said I didn't have to panic so much about being late, I went ahead to pick out my ninja attire in a little more relaxed pace. After going through several aisles in the shop, I had picked out clothes that I felt were easy and comfortable to move around in during any sort of battle. I had picked out a sleeveless blue crop top with a loose turtle neck collar and a pair of medium fitting black capries with the waist belt and the ends of the pants the same blue as the top. I also bought a fishnet sleeve which I slipped onto my right leg below the knee and a black glove that I wore on my left hand that would help prevent damage to my hand when I blocked someone's attack.

Yamato san had me buy a pair of ninja shoes as well. They were black and had thick soles that would be durable in any weather and for any sort of rough use. I was also given a pouch of ninja weapons which I strapped onto my right thigh just like all the other shinobi. Of course, my katana was also with me, tied to the belt I wore around my waist and resting against my left hip.

 Of course, my katana was also with me, tied to the belt I wore around my waist and resting against my left hip

I had been training with Kakashi san for the past week. Kakashi san had made me do breathing exercises and learn chakra control as the first step to learning ninjutsu. It wasn't as easy as I had hoped and it took me several days to just sense the chakra that I had in my body.

Once I sensed the chakra flowing through my body, I spent more time on deep breathing so I could be aware of my chakra even without having to concentrate on trying to sense it. I had to know about it as a part of me just like I did with my reiatsu. And it was thanks to this time consuming and intense focus training that I was able to become better aware of the chakra natures of those around me too. They were much more distinct than before and I was able to understand the actual level of power that each person possessed.

After the first level of training, Kakashi san had had me try to control the flow of chakra within my body. He told me that in order to use ninjutsu, I would have to learn to mould chakra in a particular way. He instructed me to first try and concentrate chakra in my hands because the jutsu he would teach me was something that summoned lightning chakra in the palm of my hand.