Chapter 15 - Healing

This chapter is dedicated to Cre8EvaLisa chan! Thank you so much for your drawing, sketching and digital art tips! Happy reading ^3^

~~~~~~~~~

Saya pov:

"C'mon, you're almost there! Put in some more strength! No slacking off at the last minute!"

I cringed under Tsunade sama's yelling. She was sitting opposite to me, staring hard enough to bore holes through my head and pushing me to finish the last level of medical ninjutsu training.

I had being learning medical ninjutsu for the past week after Yamato san had told Tsunade sama about my slightly negative feelings towards killing other shinobi and my strong inclination to heal people in pain. It was nice of her to agree to coach me but was she a tough teacher!! I barely got four hours of sleep every day because the rest of the time was spent in medical ninjutsu training, even pushing past my limit of endurance.

It's not that I didn't want to become a medical ninja quickly but I didn't know that she could get so excited about me being able to pick up on it so quickly. Well, I knew that I couldn't use my so called chakra because the last time Kakashi san tried to teach me the chidori, I ended up hurting myself. So I tried to remember what Yamamoto san had tried to teach me when I refused to learn healing from him and I took inputs from Tsunade sama and Sakura to become a healer by controlling my reiatsu.

Not to boast, but I was pretty good at healing. The same concept while using Hado and Bakudo spells applied here as well so it wasn't tough for me to pick up on it. What took several months or years for regular shinobi to learn had come to me in a matter of a single week.

Tsunade sama was amazed but my fast pick up pace earned suspicion as well, mainly from Danzo san and the ANBU who served him. I was expecting that anyway so whenever he passed by me in the village and gave me the evil eye, I would grin or stick my tongue out at him before scuttling away feeling elated.

"And done!" I said and pulled my hands away from the huge gash I was healing on one of the shinobi who had just returned from a mission.

I smiled at my handiwork, proud that I had successfully healed the wound without the slightest traces of a scar. I stepped back so Tsunade sama could have a look herself. She walked to the man who had now sat up on the bed and touched several chakra points on his neck, shoulder and chest to make sure he had healed properly. She smiled, pulling her hand away from him and turned to face me.

"Excellent, Saya. I now acknowledge you as a medical nin! It wouldn't be wrong to say that you are as good as me and I'm sure you'll use those skills to help the people of Konoha as well as the teams you go with on missions. Can I trust that you will take care of them?" She asked, putting a hand on her hip.

"Definitely. I already told you that I would do everything I could to repay you for saving me and letting me stay here as a Konoha shinobi." I bowed with my eyes closed, feeling the new found strength pulse within my body.

"It is not repayment, Saya. It is the pride of being a shinobi. None of us think of your help as repayment to saving you." Tsunade sama corrected, making me stand up straight and nod in agreement.

"Now that you are done with your medical ninjutsu training, are you ready for your second mission? Or do you need to rest like a weakling?" Tsunade sama asked, giving a teasing smile.

"I'm ready for my next mission, Tsunade sama! I'm fully charged!" I smirked, seeing no need to hide the enthusiasm I had for going out on another mission.

"Alright, here it is." She said, handing me a scroll that was given to her by her assistant Shizune san.

I opened it and went through the contents. It was a subjugation mission that needed me and the team I went with to travel to a mountain pass between two villages in the Land of Fire where there was suspicious activity going on. Apparently, shinobi from Iwagakure, also known as the Village Hidden in the Rocks, were spotted traveling through the pass several times a week without a proper warrent. Konoha wasn't on very friendly terms with Iwa so this was a matter of concern. We had to make sure that that civilians who were getting robbed or hurt were protected and things such as trade, finances and governance wasn't being affected.