Chapter 38 - Home

Saya pov:

"Okay, that's done." I smiled and pulled my hands away from Itachi but he continued to caress the side of my head.

"I still think I could have waited until you were fully healed." He responded with a gentle smile and finally pulled his hand away. "Besides, it seems Sasuke is a little embarrassed seeing us be so close."

"He's always embarrassed when it comes to love. But you don't know that, do you?" I chuckled. "You should have seen the way he was blushing on the first time I told him that I love you."

"Will you shut up? You're the one who's embarrassing – anyone would feel embarrassed by your behavior." Sasuke snapped, earning a chuckle from me.

Itachi laughed too and it only added to Sasuke's fluster. He glared at me but didn't do anything against Itachi even as he ruffled his head and told him to not get too worked up about this.

The three of us were sitting in the hospital room, having finished the interrogation from Tsunade sama and the other shinobi. We were relaxed and were passing the time with light conversations. I had just finished giving Itachi a healing session which I'm sure he was glad to have had even though he did mention that he could have waited for me to heal completely before I did so. His illness had got worse because of the war and the prolonged gap between the healing sessions I had given him. but now, he looked much better.

The first thing that happened when we had returned to this room after the interrogation was Sasuke breaking down. Even though there were five ANBU watching us, all of the emotions that Sasuke had bottled up inside until now – the anger, the pain, the homesickness and the loneliness – just broke free with no control. He had cried, his shoulders trembling and his muscles had clenched up tightly as he let out all the frustration he had to Itachi.

I had walked to the window to look over Konoha that time so I could give Itachi and Sasuke some time alone. I could still hear what he said to Itachi though and most of it was about how much he missed his family, how much he hurt when he still believed that Itachi was the bad guy and how hard it was to throw away the friends he had made, to cut off the bonds just because he wanted to avenge the Uchiha Clan without causing trouble or being a burden to those he truly cared for. And after he found out that Itachi was innocent, he had felt so much anguish, so much guilt and so much self-hate for not knowing the truth and for hurting the brother he loved more than anything because of it.

Hearing his confession had brought tears to my eyes as well. I sympathized with him and I was glad that I was able to help him and Itachi at least a little.

"Chhe! Look at how nice you're being to them! Why can't you ever treat me like that, Saya chan?!" I heard Kon complain from where he stood on the table besides the bed.

I raised a brow at him and narrowed my eyes just a bit making him freeze up. He cleared his throat, crossed his arms across his chest and looked away with a scoff.

"N-not that I need you to give me special treatment." He muttered.

"Why do you have that thing with you anyway?" Sasuke asked eyeing Kon with a frown. "He's even more embarrassing than you."

"Hey!! What did you say, you little brat?! I'm much older than you! I'm your senpai! So show some respect!!" Kon hollered.

"Alright you two, settle down." I said with a chuckle. "By the way Kon, I've been meaning to ask you about this since you turned up in the middle of the fight against Madara....how did you get here?"

"Huh?" He asked dumbly.

"Don't 'huh?' me! I'm asking how you got here from Karakura Town!" I snapped at him.