Chapter 13 - Trouble

This chapter is dedicated to bia-amore! Happy reading! :3

~~~~~~~~~~

Saya pov:

"I must thank you five for escorting my people back to my village safely. I knew I could trust Konoha shinobi for the job. You all are, after all, the best." The head of this village spoke gratefully.

"No! It is our duty and passion to protect our comrades. There is no need for you to show us thanks." Guy san said proudly, sticking out his chest and giving the Village Head a thumb's up.

"But we still expect the payment." Neji added stoically from beside me.

"Neji! You can't say things like that! It's rude!" Tenten in turn scolded in a hushed voice.

I giggled along with the Village Head. It was a good thing that he didn't take Neji's honest comment offensively. In fact, he not just laughed it off but said he would give us a five percent extra payment as bonus because everyone in the caravan was happy about receiving small gestures of help on the way. Neji was satisfied by the decision and didn't speak after that.

"Since our mission here is done, we will take our leave once we receive the payment. Good work, team! And good work, Saya chan! Your first mission was a great success!" Guy san said grinning wide enough to show almost all his teeth.

"Thank you, Guy san. But I wouldn't have been able to do it without all of you guiding me." I returned his smile and gave a short bow to show him, Lee, Neji and Tenten that I was happy to have come on this mission with them.

"Ah, Guy san....I'm sorry to interrupt you but there is something that I want to talk to you about." The Village Head said hesitantly.

We all looked at him and I narrowed my eyes just a bit when I noticed that he looked anxious while thinking about something. Whatever he wanted to talk about with Guy san was probably not something that would make us happy. The voice inside my head told me that trouble was brewing.

"Ah, is that so? Very well, let us talk! You four youthful kids go on and rest up! Once I'm done with discussion, I will join you!" Guy san said enthusiastically.

All four of us gave bows to the Village Head and walked out of the office room and to the courtyard that was in the middle of the mansion we were currently in. It was evening already and the sky was painted a beautiful orange. There wasn't much of a breeze but the weather was cool thanks to the rain we had had during the journey. I could still smell the freshness of the soil and the plants and trees looked radiant from receiving the energizing rain.

"Ne ne, Saya! Why don't we go to the bath house in the village? I've heard it's a great place to relax after a day of hard work!" Tenten spoke smiling and taking a step closer to me.

I smiled and nodded. "Sure! That sounds great! I've actually never been to a bath house before so I'm quite curious to see and experience going to one."

"You've never been to a bath house? Jeez, you don't know what you've missed out on! C'mon let's go!" Tenten tugged on my arm, urging me to follow her out of the mansion and into the village.

"That sounds like a great idea, Tenten! Neji and I will come too!" Lee vouched.

"Then it's settled! Let's all go!" Tenten said cheerfully.

"Oi."

Just as we were about to leave, Neji's serious tone made all of us stop in our tracks. When we looked at him, he was watching us with a disapproving frown. He had made no move to follow us and didn't seem very enthusiastic about the idea of going to a bath house to relax. Unlike Lee and I who were watching him confused, Tenten seemed to understand why he had become serious. She straightened up and watched him silently, waiting for him to speak.