Chapter 32 - War

Itachi pov:

Darting my eyes around for possible enemies, I ran through the forest and towards the place where Uchiha Madara had been resurrected to fight the Allied Shinobi Force. I had managed to stop Kabuto's reanimation jutsu using the Izanami and release all the shinobi under his control. Many of the shinobi that had been reanimated had already been sealed off during the battle but many lives had been lost because the enemy was constantly at their peak of power and their bodies kept reforming even if they had suffered damage.

Now that the reanimation jutsu matter had been taken care of, it was time for all of us to face our greatest and most powerful enemy and defeat him before he casted the Infinite Tsukuyomi. Uchiha Madara was someone we couldn't underestimate even if it was one against many – he was a legendary shinobi and at a level above even the five Kages' powers combined.

It took me another ten minutes of running to make it to where Uchiha Madara was fighting against the Allied Shinobi Force. I activated my Mangekyou Sharingan and took in all the chakras gathered here. I frowned slightly when I couldn't sense Saya or Sasuke even though they had told me that no matter how much I objected, they would fight in the war along with the others.

For a moment, I wondered if they had already been defeated by Madara and I was too late to help. A wave of panic hit me and I searched around harder to find even the slightest trace of them. However, no matter how far I looked, I couldn't see them or even sense traces of their chakra. Perhaps they were fighting elsewhere – it put me at ease knowing that they weren't here to fight Madara.

I ran forward again and landed a little away from where Madara was fighting. Members of the Allied Shinobi force who saw me attacked me startled, probably assuming that I was another enemy fighting against them in this war. I was a former Akatsuki member so it's not surprising that they were wary of my sudden appearance.

"Please stop fighting me! I'm not here as an enemy, I'm here to help you defeat Madara!" I said loud enough for them to hear while I blocked their attacks.

"You? Help us?! We're not fools to believe you!" One of them shouted and threw several shuriken at me.

I deflected all of them with a kunai and jumped away to prevent them from attacking me. There was no point in trying to fight in the midst of shinobi who didn't trust me. I would have to fight Madara from a different location. Thinking so, I made my way through the crowd of shinobi and to an empty area on Madara's other side. I began to throw attacks at him – ninjutsu, taijutsu as well as Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu – but of course, Madara deflected and dodged all of them easily.

Many other shinobi who were watching the fight gasped in surprise seeing me trying to defeat Madara instead of attack them and support the Akatsuki's goal. They hesitated initially but soon began to attack Madara along with me.

Many of the shinobi were killed instantly by Madara while others held on for a few more attacks before they were taken care of too. There were too many casualties even thought it was just one person against thousands of others. Madara was truly at a level that overwhelmed those who fought him. Several of the shinobi were even hesitating and retreating as they feared for their lives but I knew that no matter what, I couldn't back down. I knew that I would have to summon all my power and defeat Madara with the help of Naruto kun, the Hachibi Jinchuriki and the Kages. We all had to work together if we wanted to prevent the world from falling into darkness.

My arms tensed as I blocked a violent kick from Madara. It hurt and the impact threw me back several feet. I skidded to a halt on the sand, dust rising around me. I didn't stall though and I ran forward again making hand signs to use a Katon jutsu.