Chapter 8 - Meeting Other Shinobi

This chapter is dedicated to Dazzling__Beauty! Happy reading! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kakashi pov:

I looked up from my book to glance at Saya san who was reading through some of the general knowledge books in the library. I had been reading the latest book of Icha Icha Paradise but I hadn't been able to concentrate on it much because I had to keep a sharp eye on what our so called guest was doing.

Her appearance was unexpected. The ANBU had found her badly injured just outside the village's compound wall. She had recovered very quickly, even to the extent of being able to walk after being unconscious for three days and with such a wounded right side.

She wasn't someone who could be trusted. We didn't know anything about her except for her past that Inoichi san had seen under the orders of Tsunade sama herself. Several of us had seen it with the help of Inoichi san's jutsu and upon seeing her being used as a specimen for experiments, we had begun to wonder about her origin. Where she came from, who she really was and what abilities she had. There was a very high possibility that she was with Orochimaru. Yet, she did not possess the curse seal like Sasuke or Anko.

She said she lived with the family who saved her and I too remember seeing the man, his son and two daughters with whom she spent most of her time. That didn't seem to be a lie but we couldn't be sure.

Tenzo had been given the responsibility of keeping a constant watch on her by having her live with him. There were also four ANBU who had been assigned to keep twenty four hour surveillance on her in secret. But from the reports that we had got from Tenzo well as the ANBU, Saya san was an excellent sensory ninja and her reflexes were quick and precise. Despite being the elite force of Konoha and being the best in stealth missions where their presence could not be sensed even by an S-rank rogue nin, Saya san had been able to sense the ANBU with no trouble at all.

If she was really an innocent person who had been trained in taijutsu and kenjutsu after being rescued from those people who had used her for their experiments and had suffered injuries in a fight she didn't want to be a part of, it would be safe to say that she might be a kunoichi who could become an asset to Konoha. There was a possibility that we could uphold out motto of trusting in people, offering our friendship and helping those in need.

But if she was a spy from another village or a rogue nin, there was no saying what she would do or who she would attack. In the worst case scenario, she could even be an ally of the Akatsuki and she could be targeting Naruto for the power of the Kyuubi sealed inside of him.

The way she had behaved until now gave away no negative vibes. I had been around her for a few short hours and she seemed to be a typical sixteen year old girl. She was excited about eating takoyaki, apologized sheepishly for not offering any to me and Tenzo before she began eating and looked around Konoha with innocent curiosity. She was impressed by how many scrolls and books the library had and she seemed awed with every new bit of information she read about ninjas.

Despite her behavior being typical yet suspicious, I couldn't spot any loopholes.

"As such, security and surveillance of the village was increased after the Uchiha Clan massacre...." Saya san read out loud, furrowing her brows.

She looked up from the book and met my gaze. "Hey Kakashi san, what's the Uchiha Clan massacre?"

I put my book down on the table and leaned forward so I could rest my chin in one of my hands. I closed my eye with a soft sigh. I suppose it was okay to tell her about the Uchiha Clan massacre. Everyone knew about it and she should have too but I couldn't challenge her about it. Tsunade sama had told us to be as subtle as possible while dealing with her, not only to gather information about her but to also make her feel comfortable in Konoha so she would let her guard down and lay out the truth about herself with no resistance.