Chapter 31 - Grand Escape

I am on a roll with this story! I can't stop writing as the plot gets more and more exciting! XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kakashi pov:

"Senpai! Kakashi senpai!"

I turned to the side upon hearing Tenzo call me. He sounded startled and when he came to stand in front of me, he was out of breath. I watched him mildly curious as to what had got him so worked up.

"Saya! Saya and Sasuke just appeared at the front gates of Konoha!"

"What?!" I asked tensing up in shock. "Saya and Sasuke? What are you saying, Tenzo?!"

"I just saw them being escorted by several ANBU to see Tsunade sama! Sasuke and his team have been captured willingly and they didn't object when their weapons were taken away from them! Even Saya! She handed her katana to the ANBU without any objection!" Tenzo explained.

I didn't waste even a second standing here. I raced to Tsunade sama's office with Tenzo following me close behind. It looked like a lot of people had heard the news and as we passed through the reconstructed parts of the village, we heard many people talking about Sasuke and the three outsiders who had come with him. The only thing they spoke about Saya was that they were glad she had returned to Konoha safely.

Just as Tenzo and I made it to Tsunade sama's office, we saw Naruto and Sakura rushing here too. They were out of breath when they reached us and the skidded to a halt just before they collided with us.

"Kakashi sensei, Yamato san! Is it true that Sasuke is back?! Is it true that Sasuke returned to Konoha?!" Naruto asked restlessly.

"That's what I heard too, Naruto. But it's hard to believe. That's why we're here to see it for ourselves, right?" I said.

"Then let's go inside quickly!" Sakura said and pushed past me to enter Tsunade sama's office without even knocking.

The rest of us followed her into the room hoping to see Sasuke and Saya but no one besides Tsunade sama and Shizune san were there. However, the atmosphere in the room was tense and Tsunade sama looked to be deep in thought. Upon hearing us enter, she looked at us. She narrowed her eyes and that was enough to confirm our doubts that Sasuke and Saya had in fact come to Konoha and were here just moments ago.

"Tsunade obaachan! Where is Sasuke? Where is Saya?! They came here, didn't they 'ttebayo?!" Naruto walked up to her table and yelled.

"Naruto! Calm down! That's no way to talk to her!" I called but he ignored me.

"Yes, they were here." Tsunade sama answered, her brows furrowed. "But I just had them taken into Ibiki's custody."

"Ibiki san?! Are you planning to interrogate them?!" Sakura asked this time.

"Yes. Sasuke is a rogue. Even if he was a Konoha shinobi before, he's done a lot of things that we cannot pass off easily. He is to be interrogated and Saya is to be interrogated for reasons you don't need to know."

"Tsunade sama, what will happen to them?" Yamato asked anxiously.

"I don't know. It depends on what information we get from Ibiki and Inoichi. It would be best if you all just go back and wait for updates from the interrogation team." Tsunade sama said closing her eyes and leaning forward on her interlocked hands.

"But Obaachan!"

"Naruto! Sasuke betrayed Konoha! Whatever feelings of friendship you have for him, this situation cannot be taken lightly. Don't make me have to pound that into you head!" Tsunade sama threatened causing Naruto to cringe back.