Chapter 35 - Final Fight

Listen to the music as you read! It'll give you goosebumps! O.o But don't bother too much about the picture ^^'

~~~~~~~~~~

Saya pov:

"Cero!" The Espada yelled and sent another one of his destructive attacks at me.

I blocked, holding my sword diagonally across myself. I protected most of myself but my arms and legs suffered surface burns. I cursed under my breath before sending out a blast of reiatsu myself and inflicting similar wounds on the Espada.

Our blades clashed again in mid air and caused an explosion. The impact reached several kilometers away and even rocked the ground below. When we pushed each other away, it caused more reverberations. I could hear startled yelps from the shinobi who were closest to us because of that.

"You're pretty good at fighting, aren't you? But that's not enough to beat the Primera!" The Espada growled at me, seeming to be annoyed by my persistence.

I tightened the grip on my sword and slashed it diagonally sending a wave of bright purple energy at the Espada. He didn't block like he usually did with my attacks but instead held out his hand, palm facing me. A circular portal opened up and absorbed my attack before closing up. I was mildly surprised by that but I heard several gasps from the shinobi below seconds later. Even before I could look to the side and see what was happening, a portal had opened up and my attack hit me head on. I was thrown back and I landed hard against the boulders.

I gasped, feeling my back sting from the impact. Debris had risen around me and I coughed. I placed a hand on my chest, momentarily feeling out of breath but regained some composure soon enough.

I stood up still coughing as the dust cleared out. There were several cuts on my body and I was panting, having taken quite some damage from my attack. I got the metallic taste of blood in my mouth and I even felt a bit of it trickle down my chin. I also felt the sting of a cut on my face. I wiped the blood off my lips with the back of my hand while looking up at the Espada with murderous eyes.

"So, Shinigami san....how does it feel to taste your own medicine? There is much more that you must experience before I give your soul everlasting peace." He said and disappeared from sight once again.

I blocked his kusarigama as he hit me from ninety degrees above. The muscles in my arms burned and the ground below me crumbled. I shoved him off though and bolted into the air and resumed our fight. As we exchanged blows, blood stained the ground from the wounds we inflicted on each other. My physical energy was draining out more so than my reiatsu. I figured that fighting in just Bankai wasn't going to help me....I would have to use hollowfication but I needed at least a moment's pause in our battle to release it.

We raced past each other while attacking and the Espada managed to inflict a bigger wound on me than I did to him. Blood flew out of a deep gash on my right torso and I stumbled as I skidded to a halt. I placed a hand over the wound from which blood was oozing out. Just before the Espada and I clashed again, I managed to use some reiatsu and heal the wound a bit – I made sure it wasn't serious and it wouldn't hinder my movement too much. I couldn't slow down or reduce the intensity at which I was fighting.

The Espada threw the kusarigama at me again, still holding onto the chain end of the weapon, and I barely managed to dodge it. Just like lat time, in a split second and even before I could realize what had happened, I felt an excruciating pain in my back. I heard people gasp and my eyes went so wide that they hurt around the edges. Beads of sweat rolled down my face and I clenched my jaw tightly. Scrunching up my face to hold back a gasp of pain, I turned my head a looked behind me. I saw two portals there – one in which the kurasigama had entered and one in which it had exited and then lodged itself in my back. I stumbled forward and turned my head to the front, blood dripping down my chin again.