Chapter 40 - Bliss

Saya pov:

"Saya, are you sure you're okay with this?" Itachi asked as I walked around my room packing some things I wanted to take to the Shinobi world. "I know my request was selfish....maybe I should have chosen to stay here with your family."

"What are you saying, Itachi? Your decision wasn't selfish – it's only natural you'll feel comfortable in the place you've grown up in." I said facing him.

He looked troubled though, still not satisfied with my answer. He had taken some time to decide what to choose – whether he wanted to remain in Karakura Town and start a new life here or return to Konoha and start afresh there. I had left the choice to him because I didn't really mind where we lived as long as we were together. Even though Tou san, Ichigo, Yuzu and Karin were my family and the people I loved most in the world, I didn't quite have anything besides them that I was attached to in this world. Of course, I also had many friends I treasured in school and in Soul Society but somehow, Itachi came as first priority after my family.

Since Itachi preferred to live in Konoha – the place where he grew up and felt most comfortable in – I agreed without the slightest hesitance. I knew how to travel between the worlds so I would have no problem with visiting Karakura Town whenever I wanted to. It would be similar to living in two different countries and visiting every now and then. I saw no problem with Itachi's decision.

I let out a soft sigh seeing that my words of reassurance had had little effect on Itachi. He still looked unsure of our decision to leave to Konoha soon. Pushing aside my packing for the time being, I walked to where he was to stand barely a foot away from him. I took his hands in mine and smiled up at him.

"Everything will be fine, Itachi. In fact, I'm quite happy you chose Konoha over here. I like Konoha and all the people there and it quite saves me the trouble of having to go to school and endure the stressful life most people endure in this world." I chuckled, feeling somewhat smug about my luck. "You don't have to feel even the slightest bad about what you chose, okay?"

"I guess...." He mumbled, averting his eye from mine.

My eyes softened as I watched him. I let go of his hands and lifted my arms so I could wrap them around his neck and shoulders. I stood on my toes as well to compensate our height difference and settled into a warm embrace with him. He responded immediately by wrapping his arms around me and burying his face in my hair.

It had been three days since we came to Karakura Town. After the discussion with Tou san and Ichigo – telling them about everything that had happened after I disappeared – and after deciding what to do in the future for my happiness as well as everybody else's, Tou san and I had contacted Soul Society to tell them what happened too.

As expected, I had received lots of excited greetings from Renji, Rukia, Rangiku san and several captains along with a half hour lecture from Yamamoto san for how reckless I had been. I also received complaints and grumbles from Kurotsuchi san because I had wasted him time and effort in trying to defeat Aizen. In the end, Soul Society and Ichigo had taken care of the matter and my efforts were considered useless.

Besides all the commotion my reappearance had caused, Akon san had questioned me about my powers to understand how Aizen was responsible for its extremity. He had also taken a scan of my reiatsu level through the communication device we were using to communicate and he had put it in Soul Society's records for further investigation. From what he had deduced with a surface level scan, I was a normal shinigami now with powers at the level of a captain or probably just a pinch stronger thanks to my hollowfication.

Everyone in Soul Society had wished me and Itachi a happy future and had even earned blushes from us thanks to some teasing. In all, I think everything was working out just the way they should be.