Chapter 30 - Return of a Comrade

This chapter is dedicated to Acid_Lilac! Happy reading! :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saya pov:

I hugged Itachi tightly, holding his cloak in my fists. I shut my eyes and took a deep inhale of his cologne like scent. It felt absolutely wonderful.

"I missed you....Itachi." I mumbled into his chest.

I tightened my arms around him even more when he wrapped his arms around me as well. He placed one hand on the back of my head in an affectionate gesture. He put his face into my hair and goose bumps erupted on my skin as his warm breath fanned my neck.

"I missed you too, Saya. So much." He said barely above a whisper.

We stayed as we were for several minutes. I could sense Sasuke just a little away, hiding behind the trees that immediately encompassed the clearing we were in. I was sure he was watching what was happening but I didn't care. I was the type who expressed myself openly – I didn't hesitate to be affectionate and close to the people loved even if there were people watching us. Besides, Sasuke was Itachi's brother. When Itachi returned to Konoha, we would always be together as a couple and Sasuke was going to have to accept that. Might as well give him some training to tolerate us, right?

When we pulled out of the embrace, I touched the sides of Itachi's face with my hands. I looked over his features, drinking in his perfection. How much I had missed seeing him, looking into those deep pools of black that shimmered with such tenderness. It had been so long since I felt so complete that my heart could right about burst out of my chest in sheer happiness.

"I see you've been taking care of yourself." I said with a smile.

"Yeah....I promised, didn't I?"

I gave a slow nod, my smile widening. I tilted my head a bit and traced his brows, his tear troughs and finally his lips. Itachi shifted at that and even before I could understand what was happening, my hand was moved away from his face and he brought his head down to my level to let our lips meet in a kiss. My eyes went slightly wide because it was so sudden but I fell into the kiss soon enough.

Itachi let go of my hand and I wrapped my arms around his shoulders as I responded wholeheartedly to the kiss. I closed my eyes and parted my lips to caress his lips just as he was doing to me. I noticed Sasuke's chakra waver but I was aware of that only for a moment. Blissfully entrapped by the kiss, he and everything else around us faded into emptiness. All I was hyperaware of was Itachi as he kissed me and held me pressed up against himself.

I parted my lips again when he ran his tongue over my bottom lip. He deepened the kiss and I held his hair at the roots feeling pleasantly overwhelmed by the passion we had missed sharing with each other. The moment, however, was broken when I felt something cool on my cheeks. I opened my eyes and realized that as Itachi continued to kiss me, his brows were deeply furrowed and there were tears escaping from his eyes.

I let go of his hair and pushed on his shoulders gently. He didn't pull out of the kiss immediately and merely made it desperate. After a few more caresses and nibbles on my bottom lip, he pulled away and let his forehead fall to my shoulder as he hunched over. He was breathing heavily, his shoulders rising and falling noticeably with every inhale and exhale. My shirt became damp from his tears and my heart wrenched painfully at the sadness Itachi was expressing so openly for the first time in front of me.

"Saya, can I really return to Konoha? With all that I have done...." He mumbled ruefully.

"Of course you can return to Konoha....Sasuke and I will make it happen. You're not to blame." I said in a gentle tone while caressing his head soothingly.