Chapter 5 - Watched

Saya pov:

"Are you alright, Saya? Do you feel dizzy?" Tsunade sama asked me with a hint of concern.

Now that Inoichi san was done going through my memories, I had been released from the constraints of the interrogation chair. I was completely exhausted and it was not just because of seeing those horrible memories of my past. It was also because of controlling what Inoichi san got so see and slightly altering some bits of my memory to make sure they raised no suspicion.

Shinigami in Soul Society had methods to alter the memories of humans. But I wasn't a full shinigami so I couldn't do that. The only thing that I was able to do was control the flow of my memories.

When Inoichi san was using his mind reading jutsu, I noticed that he was going through my memories in intervals. It wasn't continuous and didn't involve every single detail. Using that to my advantage, I had allowed him to see only selective parts of my memory.

There was nothing for me to hide when it came to tou san, Ichigo, Yuzu and Karin. When scenes of Ichigo and tou san flashed in front of my eyes, especially when they had their comical fights, I had chuckled. I reminisced the feeling of sleeping together with Yuzu and Karin, going on a pastry eating spree with Orihime, failing at beating Sado at wrestling, doing a rather clumsy job at stitching and ending up with Ishida scolding me for it and so many others.

I didn't see the need in hiding the faces of most people I had met in the human world, including Kisuke san, Yoroichi san and Tessai san. They were the ones who taught me hand to hand combat and how to use my katana after all. I even let Inoichi san see instances where I bickered with Kisuke san in return to his teasing or when Tessai san hauled me up onto his shoulder because I refused to listen to him during practice.

Masking memories of Soul Society and all the shinigami there, Hueco Mundo and the incident with Aizen was the toughest part though. I had to sort of jumble up bits and pieces of my fight with the arrancar and Aizen before giving Inoichi san the feel that I had passed out before I got to see what happened in the fight. He seemed satisfied with the information he had got from me and he had stopped his mind reading jutsu.

"I'm okay....the memories just got me a little weary." I smiled at Tsunade sama.

"I see, that is good to hear. Since we know that you've been brought up in a very protected environment, we can understand that you are unaware of shinobi. We will have to question you more to find out your latent abilities as a shinobi but for now, you should rest and heal up. I will allow you to stay in Konoha as a resident. I have already sent one of the ANBU to call in the person you will live with and I will have him get you some new clothes and necessities. Since you have not been trained as a shinobi and are unaware of even the basic facts, I will also grant you permission to use the resources of the Konoha Library to study and learn about the life of a shinobi. I would like you to show us your skills of taijutsu and kenjutsu when you are fully healed."

I nodded to her, surprised that she was being so generous. Well, after seeing my past, I think it's not very surprising. I think she sympathized with me.

Once Inoichi san was done with his jutsu, Tsunade sama, Danzo san and Ibiki san had placed their hands on his shoulder and watched my memories through him. They were all pretty surprised and shocked when they saw me being used as an experiment but they didn't show any particular interest in the rest of the details after that. They were more so concerned about how strong I was if I was to fight with the skills I had learnt from Yoroichi san, Kisuke san and Tessai san.

After that, Tsunade sama had given me a bit more information on Konoha and the other Great Shinobi Nations. Each nation had been given names based on the elements of nature – Fire, Earth, Wind, Water and Lightning. Each nation included villages of different sizes and Konoha was the largest and main village in the Land of Fire. Every main village had a Kage as a leader. In case of Konoha, Tsunade sama was the fifth Hokage.