Chapter 7 - Konoha Tour

Saya pov:

"NO! LET GO!"

I screamed and sat up with a start. A shudder rocked my body and I was breathing in quick, short gasps. I was sweating profusely and my hair was stuck to the sides of my face. I could hear my heart pounding in my ears as I stared at the dark emptiness in front of me. My eyes were watering and I could clearly feel the coolness of the tear streaks as they made their way shamelessly down my cheeks.

It took me a few seconds to return to my senses and realize that I was in my room, in my bed and completely fine. What I had seen and experienced was merely a dream.

"Oi! Are you okay?!" I flinched and looked at the door when it was slammed open and a rather anxious looking Yamato san stepped in.

I stared at him for a moment before closing my eyes and slumping my shoulders, relaxing a bit with a deep sigh. I lowered my head, letting my bangs cover my face. I scrunched up my face, pressing my lids together even more tightly than before as a few more tears made their way down my cheeks without my control. I clenched my fists tightly causing the blanket to wrinkle.

I was absolutely shaken.

"O-oi, Saya?" Yamato san asked again and I heard his footsteps as he walked closer to the bed.

I knew I would feel embarrassed if Yamato san saw me crying and I most definitely didn't want to talk about the dream that had caused me to wake up in such a way. So I took a deep breath to ease out the tightness in my chest. I lifted one of my arms and wiped my eyes so that they were no longer watering and I lifted my head to meet Yamato san's cautious gaze.

"S-sorry about that....I just....I just had a bad dream. I'm sorry for waking you." I said, though my voice came out softer than I intended it to be.

I pushed the blanket off myself and turned so that my feet could touch the ground. I was still sort of trembling and I was sure to collapse if I tried to stand. I needed to give myself a few moments to regain composure before I said or did anything. I stayed seated on the bed and I looked up at Yamato san with a weak and half hearted smile.

"Bad dream? But are you really okay? You screamed pretty loudly...." He asked hesitantly.

"I did, didn't I?" I asked with a soft and almost bitter chuckle. My eyes stung again and I looked away as I felt the tears threaten to fall over.

"You really don't have to worry about it, Yamato san. It's because of Inoichi san going through my memories. I've been trying to forget my past and reliving it is obviously going to have repercussions. I just dreamed about it....I guess I'll go back to sleep after I drink some water. I'll be fine."

As I stood up, my legs wobbled. I staggered and I had to stand in place for a moment until I felt like I had enough energy in my legs to walk.

Yamato san didn't seem too convinced by what I said to him and he walked with me to the kitchen. He got me a glass of water and I drank the whole thing in one go. The coolness of the water as it went down my throat was contenting. I felt a little better now because I wasn't sweating anymore and my heart rate had returned to normal. But I knew that this was going to be a long night for me.

I smiled at Yamato san when he took the glass from my hands and put it in the sink. He still looked a little wary but he didn't press me for any details about the dream.

"Thanks, Yamato san. I'm sorry I woke you....I'll just go sleep now." I gave him a bow and turned around so I could walk back to my room.

I was glad that he didn't follow me and I shut the door of my room once I was inside. I leaned back against the door, my hand still on the door knob. I stared at the floor, my brows slightly furrowed and my eyes glazing over again.