Chapter 1

A siren...to everyone's knowledge is a beautiful but dangerous creature that lured the sailors with her beautiful voice to their doom, causing the ships to crash on the reefs near her island.

My mother was one of them.

Her name was Elena. She, next to her sisters, used to live in an Island situated in the Atlantic Ocean near the South of Africa. They lured many sailors to their deaths, so many that their location became known as the Cape of Torment, now known as Cape of Good Hope. But in one of those ships, as unbelievable as it may seem sailed a man, but not just any kind of man. This one had a wolf within him.

As Elena sang for their deaths she saw him and became intrigued by him. Never before had she met a man that capture her attention with just a single look. So she sang to him and when the shipwrecked she saved the man from death.

She hides him from her sisters, nurturing him back to health, singing melodies to him alone. After two days, when he final regain consciousness he only said one word when he looks at her. Mine.

They lived their romance in secret, both falling deeply in love with each other more every day. Elena was so distracted with her new found love that she started to neglect on her duties. Her sisters became suspicious and when they find out about her lover they seek to kill him. In order to prevent anyone from dying they escaped her island never returning and seek shelter in the man's pack "The Blood Moon Pack".

There they live happily and had a daughter.

And this is where I came into the story. My name is Freya Stevens and I'm the daughter of a Siren and a Werewolf.

I'm 24 years old now. I haven't found my mate yet, it isn't anyone from this pack and Alpha Jack doesn't allow me to leave the pack territory for safety reasons. I'm being hunted you see. For the last couples of years someone has been trying to kidnapped me. I don't know who it is, I only met him once (at least I think he was a he) when I was 16, I've never felt so scared in my entire life. So ever since then I don't leave the pack territory but as a consequence I can't go looking for my mate in other packs.

I resigned with my fate a long time ago. I move out of my parents' home and found a place of my own. It was liberating for me, my little piece of freedom.

I love my life in the pack. Ever since I was a child I would be surrounded by people. I was never alone. From my mother I inherit her beauty and her voice, that is, the power to enchant people with it, although I am not as powerful, I use my true voice rarely, only when I see people have become blinded by hatred and refuse to listen to reason. When that happens I provide them peace.

Being half werewolf didn't stop me from transitioning into a wolf when I was 16. I have the same strength, vision, speed as any other werewolf, the only down side is that I'm not capable to heal as quickly as the others. I heal faster than humans but still too slow for werewolves.

I look at myself in the mirror and smile at my reflection. I caught my short blond hair in a ponytail so the hair wouldn't get in my way with the activities I had plan for today. I was wearing a fashionable white top with black jeans and some black high heels.

 I was wearing a fashionable white top with black jeans and some black high heels