Chapter 8

The next couple of days went by fast. To me they were spend high in sexual frustration, it was like every time me and Mason we're finally going to "close the deal" on our relationship something must always have to happen and we have to stop in the middle.

Urrrr!! It's like the Moon Goddess is playing some sort of game with us. Last time we were interrupted it was because a woman from the pack was having complications with giving birth and Mason had to go calm the father since he wouldn't listen to anyone and was close to hitting the doctor. The baby was born healthy and the mother was stabilized and was going to be ok. I myself met their baby girl and she was a cutie, they named her Leah after her grandmother.

I knew Mason was as frustrated as I was since he was always snarling at everybody for no reason and would only quiet down when I was near him. This delayed gratification was taking a tool on us.

But not everything is bad, Lauren and Jessy finally came out and told everyone they were mates. I can still remember Mason's face when he found out. It was hilarious! If only I had a camera with me at the time. As I suspected he was really ok with their relationship, you know once the initial shock wear off, he even welcomed Jessy into the family and I swear if I wasn't already in love with him I would have fallen all over again. His attitude total got him a heavy make out session in his office and almost sex on his table until we had been interrupted, yet again. Do you see what I mean!? All the fucking time!

Tomorrow was Mason's birthday and I finally decided to end our bad luck and surprise him for his birthday. We were preparing a party for him in his house and there was still quite a lot to do. But the daily training was mandatory for almost everybody so I had to get that done so I could get back to the party arrangements.

The training was going well. I was pair up with Jade. She was actually quite good, so I had to be on alert to every move she made. Mason was in here too, although he wasn't training but talking to a couple of other wolves who are meant to be helping us with our techniques.

Suddenly I start to see a commotion to my left. Everything happen so fast that I could barely believe my eyes. Two pack mates that had been pair up together had just transform into their wolves and were now attacking each other. Everybody was trying to get out of the way so not to get hit by a giant wolf. I see some people fall and getting stepped on. I try to find Mason knowing he could end this panic; I find him almost getting knock over by the people.

I hear a scream behind me making me pay attention to the fight again and I see a she wolf holding tight to her ankle that from the position it was on seemed to be broken, but the reason she screams was because the wolves were staying way too close to her. Some wolves were trying to break them apart but they only manage to make them angrier and fight harder. Seeing no other option, I realise what I must do.

I close my eyes and let the melody flow through me. (Video at the beginning is a demonstration of her melody)

All the wolves involve in the fight immediately start to calm down. I push my song into their hearts and try to fill them with peace and serenity. Time seemed to stay frozen. Nobody seemed to be breathing, all of them mesmerized on the sound of my voice. When I manage to make them turn back into humans I stop singing.

Nobody moved. The effect of my song took a minute to leave their systems. A minute was all Mason needed to pass through the people and reach my side. I could hear the people start to "awaken" and some of them started to whisper behind us but not many dare to speak a word out loud.

"That was you?" Mason asks looking at me

"Yes" I say my voice having returned to her normal self

"That was beautiful" he says looking at me "I mean I could feel the power in your voice even though I wasn't being impacted by it"

"I told you, siren's mates don't get affected when they hear their true voice" I reminded him "Deal with the wolves. We can talk about this later." I advise him