Chapter 21

The Blood Ceremony was simple.

It can only be held on a night of a full moon because that is when the power of the moon is at its strongest. The ceremony itself consisted on the welcoming of new members to the pack. All the new members had to do is drink from a chalice filled with the blood of every pack member that belonged to the pack, then the Alpha will drink from the same chalice therefor fully accepting the new you into his pack.

Simple, just like that. The only problem was I couldn't seem to keep anything in my stomach thanks to my bloody pregnancy. So the idea of drinking blood and then throwing it up right after isn't actually appealing to me.

It has been two weeks since I find out I was pregnant and my belly was starting to show. I was utterly fascinated with my little belly and Mason teases me about it but every night as we lay in bed he likes to put his ear against my womb and listen to the baby's erratic heartbeat. I love those moments when it was just the three of us, as he listens to the baby I run my fingers through his hair feeling completely at peace. Sometimes we would talk with each other, other times we just stand there quietly just enjoying our presence.

From my kids only Jessy remained in the pack. All the others went back home to their pack along with their mates so they could participate in the blood ceremony and join their pack. I'm sure Jack will be very pleased to integrate three more people into the Blood Moon Pack, especially since he would increase in strength. All my other kids who didn't found their mates here return not as broken as they left. They had form friendships in here and were starting to realise their full potential, now all they need is someone to guide them through their chance.

I wasn't working anymore but I ask a friend who I had complete trust in to help them along. They were still welcome to visit anytime they want, my doors will always be open to them but it's nice to see them evolve, makes me feel like a proud momma.

Jessy and I are participating in the Blood Ceremony tonight. We are five in total, all of us women, the other three are mated to wolves from our pack, they had return a few days ago just in time for the ceremony.

"Hey! Are you ready?" Jessy asks coming into the room.

She looks stunning wearing a short white dress with lace sleeves.

It is tradition to wear white clothing to the Blood Ceremony. So me and her had gone shopping two days ago in town and found two beautiful dresses that fit the occasion perfectly.

"I think so. What do you think?" I ask turning to her so she could have the full impact.

My dress was little more...fancy then hers but still simple. Apparently since I am the Luna I need to fit the part and stand out a little more than the others. At least today. So I chose a strapless white dress that was shorter in the front but behind it was longer. At my waist I had a shiny belt that define my waist and slightly hided my pregnancy bump.