Chapter 22

"Are you still sulking?" I ask Mason as he drives us to my obstetrician.

"What you did wasn't nice" he says grumpy

"You're the one who started it so now you pay the consequences" I say laughing at him. It serves him right, now he would think twice before teasing me like that in public.

"Well you didn't seem to mind what happened after in fact I recall you being more then welcoming" he says squeezing my knee.

"Shut up" I say blushing

He smiles victorious knowing I didn't have anything to respond to that.

We arrive at Dr. Meghan Donovan's office, my obstetrician. We are immediately guided to an empty office where I'm told to lay down and push my shirt up.

"Do you think we're going to find out the sex?" Mason asks sitting in a chair by my side.

"I don't know. It might be too soon to tell" I say not wanting to get my hopes up.

The door opens and Dr. Meghan enters the room smiling at us.

"Good morning Alpha, Luna" she greets going to her seat, next to the machines. She picks up a file and takes a quick look around.

"I see you're three weeks pregnant" she says

"And a half" I add, don't know why but it sounded important to say it.

She smiled warmly at me.

"Of course. Now let's go see if we find out the baby's sex today" she says then she spreads some really cold gel on my stomach and spreads it with the...well I don't really know the name of that thing.

I look at the monitor and I have a hard time identifying anything I see really. To me is all distorted.

"Huh..." the doctor hums causing me concern. But before I could ask what was wrong, Mason bit me to it.

"What's wrong?"

The doctor doesn't say anything for a few seconds, she just moves the instrument on my belly and stares at the monitor.

"I have some surprising news for you" she says finally turning around to see us "You're having twins"

I froze. WHAT!? Twins? As if I wasn't freaking out about having one much else two!? Oh God...I think I'm going to be sick...

"Are you certain? As in... absolutely sure there are two babies inside of me?" I ask slightly in panic. Mason hadn't said anything yet, he just stared at the monitor as if in a trance.

"I'm certain Luna" she confirms than she pointed at the monitor "This little dots right here are your babies; you can clearly see there are two"

I look at the monitor in shock but also...happy? I'm mean I always said I wanted more than one child but I never imagined I would have two at the same time! Okay...calm down...I take a deep breath to relax myself and I look at Mason for support. He is clutching my hand tight, his eyes still on the monitor.

"How come we only heard one heartbeat?" I ask the doctor since Mason was otherwise...occupied.

"It's very usual at the beginning of a twin pregnancy for their hearts to beat at the same time, but as they grow, it will be easier to distinguish the two heartbeats." Dr. Meghan explained "It's still too early to find out the sex. I'm going to schedule an appointment for two weeks from now, it's more likely to find out then."

"Okay" I agree still not knowing exactly what to say in a situation such as this

"I'm going to print a picture of the echography so you can take it with you and I'll give you two a minute to talk" she said leaving us two alone