Chapter 20

Freya's POV

"Babe... you're pregnant"

I was shocked. Literally speechless. Pregnant? Me?

"What?" I mustn't have heard him right "Are you sure?" I ask looking at my stomach, not fully accepting I had a human being growing up inside of me as we speak.

"I'm sure love. Your scent doesn't lie" he confirms with a goofy smile on his face.

Right...the scent. In my shock I had completely forgotten he could smell the difference. It is common, in our world, that the mated males discover their mate's pregnancy before they themselves find out. After the male discovers the change in our scent, all the other wolves will be able to smell it as well, making it known to everybody that the female was expecting.

"Oh...okay" Is all I can manage to say. I might be starting to freak out a little bit right now. Sensing this Mason did everything he could to stop it.

"Hey look at me" he pleads holding my face in his hands gently. "There's nothing to be freak out about love"

"I'm scared...." I confess "With everything going on..."

"Hey" he says wanting my attention fully on him "Nothing is going to happen to the baby or you for that matter. I'm here to protect you love. Protect our family."

His words relax me a bit and before I can stop it I climb into his lap still in a towel and hold on tight to him, wanting to feel him close to me. We stay like that for a few minutes and then I break the silence.

"We're going to be parents"

"Yes, we are." he says. He pulls me back so he could look into my eyes "You have made me the happiest man alive today"

I was staring to tear up. Man these emotions were all over the place today!

"I love you" I say truthfully

"I love you" he says it back and then he gives me a gently kiss, loving me sweetly with his lips and adoring me with every touch. He lays me on the bed and starts sliding down my body, stopping only when his face was facing my belly. He opens my towel so he had no barriers in front of him.

He kisses my stomach and gently caress it with his hand.

"Hello baby this is your father speaking" he starts saying and I stay completely quiet smoothing his hair. "I just learnt of your existence and I already love you unconditionally. I can't wait to meet you and hold you in my arms but for now only mommy can have you, so be good to her and don't give too many troubles." he said and then he kissed my belly again and just laid his head on it.

"If I listen very carefully I can hear a very faint heartbeat" he says in awe "It's beautiful"

I chuckle at his words. Who would have known the big Alpha Mason would be brought down by a fetus heartbeat? Inside his tough exterior he was a big softy.

"You need to go to the doctor and make sure everything is alright with the baby" he says looking at me

"I will but not today." I agree "Today we still have a pending business to attend to"

His face drops suddenly remembering he still had to charge Cara for her crimes.

"Have you decided what the punishment will be?" I ask hating to kill his mood but it had to be done.

"Yes, but let's not discuss this right now" he says and strangely I comply. This pregnancy thing was really messing up my head.

"Now that you are pregnant, I want to hold the Blood Ceremony as quickly as possible. That way you will be more protected if something were to happen." he says getting up of the bed.