Chapter 26

The next couple of days were hard for the pack.

We had the funeral of each pack member who had died, instead of doing one for each, the pack had decided to do just one big funeral, where everybody could attend and could say their final goodbyes to their fallen pack mates.

Everybody from the pack made an appearance, it was incredible how everybody came together in times of need, it just showed how united our pack was.

I stood in the first line, next to Jade, Lucas, their daughter Maria and the entire Alpha family. Mason stood in front of everybody looking like the powerful Alpha he was, although everyone could see how he mourned the loss of this people. He gave a wonderful speech that had me and most of the pack in tears in the end.

As was ritual in the werewolf community, the bodies of the fallen would be burn so their soul could be returned to the Moon Goodness. Mason light up the first torch and as the Luna of the pack I had to light up another one. Together we set the bodies on fire and the pack gave a small prayer for safe guidance.

The pack started to disperse soon after the ceremony ended. The bodies would burn during the entire day and their aches will be released to the wind and spread across the nature.

We approached our family, hand in hand and I give a soft smile when I see a tiny baby in Lauren's arms. This was another tragedy, this baby girl was Leah, the baby whose mother had complication mid birth and Mason had to be called in to control the situation. Her father had died in the attack and her mother died a few hours later from heartbreak. A mate can't live without his other match.

Leah became an orphan and ever since then Lauren and Jessy had been taking care of her while we're tracking any relatives that will accept to take her in. If no one shows up then the pack will care for her, even though it won't be the same way devoted parents would care for.

I caress my belly, who is starting to make an appearance. I already had to borrow a dress from Jade, who still had it even though she had given birth two years ago, when I ask her why she kept it, she just laugh and said "Who knows, maybe it will come in handy in the future". I smiled and thank her for the dress, I would need to go shopping for new clothes soon, but it could wait a few more days, after things settle down in the pack.

I had finally gotten to speak with my mother yesterday and she cried when I told her it was Lyanna who was the one after me and her reasons to do so. Like I had imagined she had no idea of what had happened with her after she left, she always imagined she had run away just like she did. I took the chance to ask her the question that had been nagging me ever since my conversation with Lyanna.

"Mom...why didn't she died? When her mate died that is" I ask her "I thought when one mate dies the other can't survive without him"

My mother looked sad as she spoke

"When it comes to a pairing between werewolves it's true, one can't live without the other, but for sirens it's different. If your father were to die, I could still go on living, but it would never be the same. I would be a shell of what I was before." she answered me and I remember Lyanna saying something like that "But if I were to die, then your father would pass away as well" she explained to me "A mating between different species is tricky, there are many variables that we don't know and that are completely different from the usual pairing but somethings remain the same."

"Will that happen to me? If Mason dies, will I survive?" Because I don't think I will

"I don't know sweetheart. You are half werewolf, so I think that yes, you will die without him but there is always the possibility that you will live"

If I got to choose than I would prefer to die with him, I can't even imagine my life without Mason by my side.

"Why didn't she killed herself earlier? If it was so hard for her to live, or continue to do so?"

My mother petted my hair as I lay my head in her lap, just like I used to do when I was a child.

"I imagine revenge was what motivated her, and when she didn't want that anymore, she finally surrendered to the pain" she answered

We stood quiet for a while.

"Do you think she's with them?" I ask looking for reassurance

"I like to think so"

"So do I"

We didn't talk much after that and she had to return to the pack. She wanted to stay for the funeral but I told her she could go, that I would be fine.

One week passed, then another and the pack started to go back to the way it was in the beginning. People weren't crying anymore but the pain would never be forgotten. Stores reopened, laughter started to be heard around town.

Mason and I were finally going to find out about the babies' sex today and we were both very excited. There was no mistaking my pregnancy now, I had to buy a complete new wardrobe three days ago and I still needed to buy more for when I really popped.

I'm currently laying down in Dr. Meghan's office. She was moving that instrument of hers around my tummy and I could see in the monitor that my babies were much bigger than they were when we first saw them. That thought made me smile.

"So doctor? Can you tell?" I ask bit impatient and anxious

"There" she said freezing the picture "Can you see this?" she asks pointing at something in the monitor

I looked closely but I couldn't understand what it was but apparently Mason wasn't as oblivious.

"Oh shit! Is that ...? he asks amazed but leaving me in expectation since he didn't finish his sentence.

"What? Is what?" I ask defiantly impatient and getting a little bit frustrated that nobody was telling me nothing.

"Yes it is Alpha, and apparently the other as one as well" the doctor says unfreezing the picture and moving the instrument again in my belly. Mason's smile light up is entire face, leaving me feeling even worse.

"Can someone please tell me what I'm having?" I was angry now. This was supposed to be a happy moment for me but apparently everybody figures it out before me and they were laughing at my expense.

"Congratulations Luna, you're having two boys" the Doctor said and I smiled looking at the monitor. Right...now I can see it...

"Two boys huh...? Now I'm definitely going to be driven to madness" I tease Mason since I'm always accusing him that he drove me crazy all the time.

"Oh love but you're going to love every second of it" Mason says laughing teasingly at me

I smile at him and he kisses me passionately right there with the Doctor still in the room. I push him away for air and to try and gain some composure in front of the doctor. I hated when he kisses me like that in front of someone, it always leaves me feeling embarrassed and uncomfortable around people and the bastard knew it. In fact, he always tries something like that every time we go out just the two of us, that's why I can't take him nowhere anymore.

Just the other day when we went shopping, he convinced me to having sex in the fitting room of a store, and when we got out I could tell the sails women knew exactly what had been going on behind that door. I was mortified! I'm never going to that shop ever again.

Now imagine having another two of those to keep in check. My God...I couldn't wait.

Hey just a little short chapter for you today. I wanted to write how things were after the rogue attack before I wrote the Epilogue. And Freya and Mson are having two boys! Cheers for them!

Vote and comment everyone! I want to know if you liked my story yes or no. Epilogue coming soon!