Chapter 13

Once we got home and I thanked everyone for watching over me at the hospital, I was immediately transported into the bedroom and I haven't left since.

I didn't exactly complain since my head still hurt and I was feeling tired, but after 2 days of bed rest I'm ready to call it a day and get my ass back on the streets again. Mason has been lovely this days, always making sure I pass my cream on my shoulder, but I had a feeling it was more because he liked to touch me and I let him since he gives me some pretty good massages in return. It was a win-win situation for both.

I was very happy to learn that Amy had found her mate even though Mason refuses to tell me exactly what he said to him about the reason behind the attack. It was actually because of that, that we have been fighting a little bit over the last few days. I find it completely unfair that I'm not told the entire truth since I'm the one being attacked by an unknown person during all these years. According to him it's all for my safety, and I'm better off ignorant of all that.

I got up, tied my hair into a ponytail and walked downstairs, jumping the stairs two at a time. I was wearing black leggings with an old big white t-shirt, that was always sliding off my shoulder making them bare. The shirt was wrinkled but look at my face and see if I care people.

I found Jade at the kitchen as usual.

"Hey honey. How are you feeling?" she asks hugging me carefully

"I'm almost as good as new" I say hugging her back

"Shouldn't you be in bed?" she asks concerned

"Don't you start too" I plead frustrated "If Mason had his way I would spend my entire day just lying in bed and looking at the ceiling. I'm going crazy in there!"

She laughs

"He's just being overprotected, I should know. When I gave birth to Maria he and Lucas both drove me crazy with their overprotectiveness."

That actually made me feel better.

"I never got to ask...why did you name your kid Maria instead of Mary?" I was actually curious about this since she and Lucas were both American.

"Maria was the name of Lucas's grandmother. She was the one who raised him when he was young before he went to live with his parents here in the pack. She lived in Argentine." she explained giving me one of her fresh baked cookies.

"Huh...I had no idea." I murmur almost to myself. But then why should I know? It's not like I had spent time with many pack members ever since I arrived in the pack. My bad really, if I am going to be the Luna of this pack I really should do something about it.

"Jade?" I call suddenly realising something

"What?" she asks taking out ingredients from the cabinet

"You're the beta's mate" I start saying

"Yes I realise that" she says looking at me funny, not understanding why I was stating the obvious.

"Did Lucas by any chance shared with you what happened in the dungeons with the rogue prisoner?" I know I was fishing for information, but since Mason refuses to tell me I need to resort to other people to find out what I want.

"Yes. Didn't Mason?" she asks not really paying me much attention

"Yes, of course. I just wanted to know what you knew because I would like to talk about it with someone and you would be the best person." I lied, well not entirely since if I did know then I would actually speak with her about it too, but that is just semantics.

"Oh...well I'm honoured." she says taking a seat next to me "What do you want to discuss. I imagine it's about the person beyond your attacks."

"Yes, I mean can you believe it?" I say fishing for something else "I had never even considered it"