Chapter 3

(☝️Above is the photo of Lauren, Alpha Mason's sister ☝️)

As I stare into his eyes and I feel his arms holding me tighter against him, making the sparks more intensive.

"Mine" he says. I can see his eyes turn wolf and I am willing to bet mine are doing the same right now.

I try to say something, anything at all but I seem to have forgotten how to form words with my mouth. I could only stare at him and take in all of him. He has the most beautiful blue eyes I had ever seen and his hair... it looks like if I ran my fingers through it would feel as if I was touching silk.

My attention is diverted to his lips and the sudden urge to see if they are as soft against my lips as they look now.

He sees me checking him out and I can feel him doing the same thing to me. He catches me looking at his lips and he starts lowering his head as if he had the same curiosity as me. I hold my breath expecting his touch but as soon as our lips were inches apart, Jessy, Kevin and Dean storm out of the house interrupting our almost kiss.

"Freya! " Jessy yells" What the hell happened? We heard you scream and why is he caring you? Are you hurt? " she asks and I blush thinking of what had almost happened

" I'm fine" I say finally finding my words. I turn to my mate "Can you... umm...put me down please?" I ask shyly

I've been expecting him for so long, I didn't even know how to act in front of him.

He puts me down but he still holds me close to him and thank God because I'm still trying to regain the strength to stand.

"This is... ummm... what's your name exactly?" I ask him turning to him

He smiles at me

"I'm Mason, the Alpha of this pack" he says surprising us all

"Al... Alpha? " I check stuttering in the process

"Yes. It's nice to meet you Freya." he says and some part of me thinks he is teasing me

"Hello" I say and then I want to kick myself. Hello! Seriously?

"I'm Jessy" I hear someone say from behind me and then I remember we are not alone. I quickly get out of his embrace which I could tell didn't please him one bit.

"Right" I say composing myself "This is Jessy, Kevin and Dean and inside there is still Mia, Jonas, Dylan and Amy" I quickly made the introductions

"Alpha Mason here was kind enough to catch me when I fell from the ladder, that's why he was caring me" I explained

"Really? You could have died!" Jessy scorned me

When I was about to reply I hear

"Dinner's ready!" I hear Mia yell from the inside

"It was nice to meet you Alpha" Kevin says and then the three of them walked inside the house and I was left alone with my mate again.

I didn't exactly know what to do right now but one thing is certain is that I wanted to spend more time with him.

"Would you like to stay for dinner?" I ask looking him in the eyes

He comes closer "I would love to but I can't today" he says

I try to hide my disappointment

"But how about tomorrow? Dinner at my place?" he invites caressing my cheek with the tip of his fingers. It was almost as if he was afraid to touch me. I lean my face into his touch.