Chapter 11

Recap: (for those who skipped forward)

The next morning I could feel my wolf became restless and I try to remember the last time I had let it out. It must have been 3 to 4 days ago when I went on a run with my kids. It's not good to not let your wolf out for many days but since I was only walf werewolf I could take it better than a truly full one, but still it was easier to loose control and we could harm someone when that happens.

Since Mason is busy with Lucas and Jade is at home taking care of Maria. I decide to go next door and see who else is on the mood for a run.

There I find Lauren with Jessy, ever since these two found out they were mates Lauren spend the majority of her time here or the other way around. They happily agreed to go with me. Nobody else was home so it was just the two of us and two other guards that Jack had sent with us to protect us.

We change at the edge of the woods, taking out our clothes and hiding them in a proper place the pack had built. Once we were all transformed into our wolf we start to run, letting our wolves free in their natural habitat.

We ran for a couple of miles until we reached a waterfall that we had found on our last run. There we hydrate ourselves and we start playing catch with each other. Call us kids but if felt good to just relax and act juvenile. Jessy's wolf was a light grey which contrasted with Lauren who has dark brown fur, they seemed in tuned with one another in their wolf form, it makes me which that Mason was here with us, I still have yet to see him in is complete wolf form. Maybe next time I can persuade him to come, I think already originating a plan in my mind.

We had had our fun in the woods and I could tell the guards were on edge so I make motion to initiate our way back home. Both wolves nodded and the other two wolves move in to flank us on our sides. We had only run about a mile when suddenly I'm thrown back against a large tree hitting my head and my shoulder pretty hard on the impact.

Every wolf was on high alert now and I could hear roars from my friends and others...salvages ones. I struggle to open my eyes, my head was really hurting and I was seeing everything kind of fuzzy in front of me, but I manage to concentrate.

I let a threatening roar slip my lips as I see at least 10 rogue wolves surrounding us, all ready to attack. I try to stand up but I quickly fall to the ground, I barely had strength in my legs to stand and with my head the way it was I was no help to anyone. Mason. I start thinking, we have to warn Mason. I close my eyes briefly and I could feel our bond right there, I could almost touch it. Our bond was on its highest when we were both on our wolf forms but since only one of us was in its form I didn't know if he was going to hear me.

"Mason? We need your help.... Rogues are here.... Mason" I call him in my head but I feel myself loosing fight to consciousness. I can see my friends, the ones that were with me fighting against them, but there were too many for them to fight alone. I see one of them, the one that attacked me if I'm not mistaken, start to approach me with a deadly look in his eyes, and I knew then he was going to kill me. I was not going to see my mate again, kiss him or ear his laugh...and my parents...they'll be so sad. I feel a tear escape my eyes.

I had train so hard to survive only to die like this. It was not fair. The wolf stuck his paws on the land preparing for his jump. I don't look away, If I am going to die they I'll die looking at my attacker in the eyes. He jumps and right when he was mid-air a large black wolf hits him from the side and rips his head off before ever touching the ground again.

"Freya!" I hear a voice I immediately recognise inside my mind. Mason had come. He was here. He had saved me. But he was already too late, I can't hold on any longer. And as I block my eyes for the last few times I can't help myself from saying "I love you Mason", then there was only darkness.