Chapter 18

Freya's POV

After the doctor examined Mason and pronounced him completely freed of wolf bane. I finally let myself completely relax and simply be grateful that the moon goddess had answered my prayers.

Mason got to go home that very same day. He finally got to meet my parents and it wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be...maybe just a little but I could tell he had passed with flying colours.

Lucas and I still hadn't told him of our news yet but I didn't want to stress him out just as he had gotten back from the hospital. Even if the doctor told us he was fine to resume to his normal duties I was still appreciative.

"Baby you should rest today" I tell him when he gets out of the shower and starts putting on his clothes.

"I'm fine love really" he says putting on his shirt "Besides I want to know if Lucas as any lead on the traitor"

"But..." I try to say but he never gave me a chance

"I need to do this babe" he says coming close to me "I'm the Alpha of this pack and it's my job to ensure everyone safety, specially yours. And right now the only way I can do that is by catching the motherfucker and end this once and for all" he says determined

I exhale knowing I couldn't convince him to stay

"Then I'm going with you, cause there's no way I'm letting you overwork yourself today" I inform him also determined to take care of him

"Sounds good to me " he says with a smirk "We still need to talk with your parents about your theory since we couldn't really discuss the subject earlier" he says taking my hand and leading us out of the room.

"We can do that tomorrow Mason. Just take it easy for now, ok?" I ask him concerned "For me?"

"If you insist" he says giving me a small kiss before we continue descending to his office where we found Lucas already waiting for us

"Alpha. Luna." he says when he sees us

"What news do you have for me Lucas?" Mason asks taking a seat behind the desk. I sat on the couch he had in the office.

Lucas briefly glances my way as if asking my permission to tell him what he had told me earlier. I nod discretely.

"We manage to identify the one who poisoned you Alpha" he says confidently

Mason sat up right, his attention all on Lucas.

"Who is it?" he asks eager and sounding perhaps a little angry

"Alpha before I tell you that I must inform you that we can't still prove it's the same person who let the rogues in." Lucas warned but Mason dismissed that quickly wanting to know the name of the wolf who dare try and kill his mate. His words not mine.

"It was Cara, Alpha. Cara Winters was the one who put wolf bane in the Luna's drink."

Mason was silent for a minute shocked at the identity of the would be killer. I confess I was shock too when Lucas first told me it had been her, this morning. Even though our dislike was mutual I never wished her harm, perhaps only when she was trying to seduce my mate but those are different circumstances.

"How sure are you of that?" Mason asks calmly but I could tell that only a mask meant to full others of his real emotions. I could feel his fury through the bond.

"Very sure." Lucas confirms "We have multiple witnesses placing Cara as the one to serve the orange juice. The only reason people even remember that was because she volunteered to help in the kitchen when usually she is rude to everybody and always refuses to do the "maid's work". " he tells making a face of disgust. His own mate like to help around in the kitchen so Cara had technically insulted his mate with that action.