Chapter 23

Mason's POV

"Everybody to your position!" I instructed "Protect the pack and make sure nobody is left unprotected!" I command more serious than ever.

Ever since the alarm went off, we've been blocking rogues from getting inside the territory. We were trying to buy time so everybody could get to safety. My thoughts always find their way to Freya and our pups, I had to protect them at all costs. I just wish I had a moment with her before all this craziness started.

"Alpha to your left!" Lucas yelled after finishing off a rogue. I turn in an instant and prepare myself for impact. A rogue bump into me with enough strength to throw me down but I was strong enough to hold his jaw away from my neck. I'm an Alpha so therefore I am stronger than any other pack mate in their wolf form, and that was something I tried to pass on to the pack. I force them to learn hand in hand combat because when we are in our wolf form we can become more vulnerable.

In twist of movements he didn't saw coming I twisted the bastard's neck and he fell on the ground unmoving. I got up to my feet and I attack the next wolf who jumped my way. I could tell some wolves had managed to override our defence and were making their way to the town but I also knew I had very competent pack mates who could handle them, so I didn't stress to much about it.

I dispatch wolf after wolf but they just keep coming. I knew they must be here for a reason and I just hoped it wasn't for what I think it was. I would never forgive myself if something happened to Freya, specially know that she's carrying our children. Twins...I had never felt happier in my life, except perhaps when I found Freya. That day would forever be engraved in my mind.

More wolves started to show up. I couldn't take them all staying human, not without sustaining major injuries. I transform into my wolf and I let him take charge. For a moment I see Lucas and some others do the same and together we strike, and defended our home and territory.

One of the wolves manage to hit my ribs and take a nasty bite of my side. I howl in pain but I'm quick to throw him aside. The pain was unbearable but I survived worse, I jump at one of the wolves and rip his jugular apart with my teeth killing him in a blink of an eye. The others, his friends probably, roar, and attack me all at once.

I' mean I'm good but I'm not that good, especially when I'm bleeding considerably from my side, even though I can already feel it starting to heal. I defend myself at the best of my abilities but I was still slow enough to prevent a wolf from biting my right back paw. I was in rage now. I couldn't even think I just reacted, I jump at them and unleash my anger on them. I kill one of them right at the start and the others only survived by sheer luck, but I still manage to land some pretty nasty bites into them.

I was facing them with fury in my eyes. They didn't show any emotion on their faces, either they were that stupid or they must be compelled by the siren that is after my mate. Either way I won't let them go any further into my territory, compelled or not.

Suddenly I feel a momentary feeling of weakness that almost made me loose the strength on my legs but I quickly recover. Weird...I must be bleeding out more that I realised.

Luckily enough I didn't have to end these wolves by myself, because my pack mates were coming in to assist me with them. Together we killed them and we got ready to face any other who came our way but strangely enough they started to back out and run away from us. Exiting themselves from our territory. I frown, something wasn't right in this picture. Why would they attack us so fiercely just to back out in an instant and disappear?

I transform back into my human body, and my men did the same. We were all butt naked in front of each other but neither of us payed much attention to it. We were used to it already.