Chapter 24

(☝️Above is the photo of Lyanna☝️)

Freya's POV

I wake up with a slight migraine in my brain. I felt weak. I had no idea what I had been injected with but I could only hope it wouldn't harm my babies. I slowly open my eyes, the place I was in was dark, the only light it had come from candles lit up all around the room. There weren't any windows.

I was in a chair with my arms trap to the arms of the chair. They were trapped with rope, but this rope gave off a weird smell, one I am unfortunately familiar too. Wolf bane. For now, they weren't touching my skin but if they did I would be burned by them and the pain would be excruciating. My legs too were trap the same way; I guess my kidnapper thought about everything.

I look around and I don't see anyone in the room with me. There was only one exit and that was the door behind me. I tried contacting Mason trough the mates bond but it was like it's was blocked. I couldn't contact him and I know we must be driving himself crazy trying to find me. I needed to get out of here. Fast. Preferably before anyone decides to check up on me.

I use all my strength; try everything I could think off but nothing worked. I was exhausted, weak, with a migraine and with a huge need to cry right now. Dam hormones.

I hear a click coming from the door and immediately freeze. Someone was coming. I take a deep breath to control my emotions and try to appear calm. I couldn't let them see me afraid. First I needed to find out what they wanted with me, then I needed to find a way to use it to my advantage and get the hell out of here.

The door opens and I hear steps walking in my direction. The new scent that evaded the room was one I was deeply familiar too but foreign at the same time. That said person finally came into my line of sight and stopped in front of me and just stared at me with hatred in her eyes.

"You're a siren" Is the first thing I say. I guess Mason's suspicions were right. This woman in front of me was perhaps the age of my mother, she had long brown hair and she was wearing a long dark, I want to say tunic?

"Yes, I am" she answers still staring at me as if studying me. "You look a lot like Elena"

I was surprise to hear she knew my mother

"You know my mother?" I ask her wanting to know exactly who she was

"Yes. We grew up together, she and I." she admitted

"Then why are you doing this? What do you want from me?"

"Your mother and I were great friends back in the day, but she betrayed me in the worst possible way and because of that I lost everything that was important to me! She deserves to suffer for what she did to me! And what better way than to kill her own child?" she says with rage and she withdraws a knife she had hidden behind her and points it at me.

Okay...I needed to find a way to stall her from killing me. I needed to buy some time for Mason to find me, preferably while I am alive. Right now I felt truly afraid. Afraid for my unborn children. Afraid for Mason who would die if he felt that I had been killed. I couldn't let that happen, I needed time...but I also needed answers, so I better start with that one.

"How did my mother betray you?" I question her "I deserve to know at least that. The know the reason why I have to die" I insist

"I guess that is only fair" Lyanna agreed and then she began to tell her story

"It must have been 25 years ago, before you were even born." she started "It is, as you know, a siren's duty to lure sailors into our chore and cause them to shipwreck. We collect their treasures and we feast on the men, sometimes taking some as our prisoners, so we can procreate and continue therefore to make sure the race would still exist for many years to come.