Chapter 7

"We need to talk"

These words had been spoken a minute ago and neither of us had spoken ever since. He walked into my room and closed the door behind him. My room looked much smaller with him inside with me.

"I..." I tried to say but he was quick to interrupt me

"No. Don't speak, let me just get something out first." he looks nervous as he speaks. I nod in agreement and encourage him to go on.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted in my office." he says "You were right about getting angry if it had been the other way around I would have probably killed the guy who was touching you."

"Mason..." I try to say but he still doesn't let me

"I lost control of my wolf when you told me you had been with other guys and it was not my place to judge when I myself been with other women before you came along. I just regret not finding you sooner because then we wouldn't have to face these problems. "he finishes saying never coming close to me

I was kind of missing his touch and this distance he was putting between us annoyed me a lot. So I move myself closer to him.

"I believe you Mason. After thinking about it clearly I know that you would never cheat on me willingly and that you lost control I get it." I reassure him putting my hands in his face so we would be eye to eye "As long as we are not fully mated, we will just get even worse around other people."

He gives me a small smile but I'm not done yet "But there is just one thing I don't forgive and that is for not finding me sooner. I'm basically next door to your pack. Why didn't you ever think to look for me there!?" I ask. This is a question that has been on my mind ever since I found him.

He looks at me shocked and somewhat guilty

"When I first turned 16 and first change into my wolf it took me a few weeks to find out my mate wasn't from my pack." he started to explain "I was still training to be an Alpha so I wasn't allowed to visit the other packs with the unmated wolves for the first year or so. And even then my father was getting ready to retire and pass the title on to me. I was titled the Alpha of the pack when I turned 18 and then I visit every other pack in the continent, the main reason was for business but I was always on the watch out for my mate."

"I must have been 14 when you came" I think doing the math "That's why you didn't scent me"

"Yes, because trust me love if I had known who you were then, I would have taken you with me in a heartbeat." he said and he kissed my forehead kindly

"Why didn't you return?" I ask "Every time you had a meeting with Alpha Jack, he was the one who came to you not the other way around."

"That was his request actually. I always found it odd but when I asked him about it he said it was because of safety reasons for his pack." he explained

My stomach turns into a knot when I heard that. So it was my fault I haven't met him sooner. Because there was someone after me, I had been neglected of my mate all of this years.

"It's my fault." I say quietly almost whispering even

"What's your fault?" he asks looking at me confused. His arms were around my waist but I couldn't handle is proximity right now. I remove his hands from my body and turn my back to him trying not to let the tears of frustration slide down my cheeks.

"Freya? What's wrong love?" he asks starting to look worried

"It's my fault we didn't met before." I finally say "I'm the safety reason that always kept you away from the pack. I'm the reason we spend all these years apart from each other."