Chapter 22

Jason's P.O.V.
She walked in. I could tell she was nervous. I'm not sure why though. She takes a seat. She sits there for a minute before talking. I can feel my heartbeat speed up the longer she waits to talk.
"I know what you did was wrong. But I can't imagine living without you. You make me feel safe. Yes you scared me and made me rethink everything. In the long run we both know you'll never drink that much. I wanna be with you Jason. I love you." Her eyes get glossy. I stand up and walk over to her. Her tears slip. I wipe them away.
"Thank you. I'm sorry I did this. I love you too." I say my voice horse. She stands up. She hesitates but wraps her arms around me. I hold her tight. I feel so bad for what I did to her. I'm just happy I didn't lose her.
"So do you forgive? For the pain I caused you." I say quietly.
"I won't forget it but I know it was a part of you that can't be controlled. So in a way yes." She says.
"I'm so sorry this happened. I'll never do it again." I say. She pulls away and looks into my eyes. They are filled with passion. She stands on her tippy toes, due to my height, and kisses my cheek.
She smiles and moves back. I understand. She's probably still shaken up. I need to give her space and let her go at her own pace.
"Can I barrow your phone?" She asks.
"Yes. Of course. Let me grab it." I say. I walk to my room to get my phone. She must have left hers at her house or it's dead. I walk back to my office. She stands by the door.
"Give it back when your done I'll be downstairs." I say handing her the phone.
"Thanks." She says. I walk downstairs and into the kitchen.
Sarah's P.O.V.
When I turn on his phone I'm greeted by a picture. It's a picture of me and him on our first date. I unlock his phone. He had no password which meant I could trust that he isn't hiding anything.
I type in Kelsey number. I hope she answers. It rings forever. She picks up on the last ring.
"Hello. Who is this?" She asks.
"Hey Kelsey it's me." I say back.
"Oh thank god Sarah. I heard you leave last night. Is everything okay?" She says. I didn't know how I could tell her. She wouldn't be happy I have to lie.
"Yeah everything is okay. I'm at Jason's. My phone died and I wanted to let you know where I am." I say.
"Okay well thanks." She says.
"Hey have fun on your date tonight. I won't be home till tomorrow or Sunday." I say.
"Aw okay well you have fun too. And thanks love you girl. I gotta get back
to work." She says.
"Okay love you too. Bye." I say.
"Bye." She says and hangs up. I walk downstairs to find Jason. He's in the kitchen.
"Here's your phone back." I say. He faced towards the stove.
"You can just leave it there." He says. I place it on the counter. I start to walk away.
"Don't go." He says. I stop and turn around. He's leaning against the counter.
"I wanna talk to you." He says. He has concern and worry on his face.
"Is Jeff still here?" I ask.
"No. I told him it was okay and he left." He says.
"Okay. So what do you want to talk to me about." I say. He walks over to me. He gently grabs my hand and guides me into the living room. We sit on the couch.
"Kelsey said something. She said this is the happiest you've been in years. She wouldn't tell me why and I want to know." He says. I feel a lump in my throat.
"It's my parents. My mom cheated on my dad. They got a divorce and ever since then I felt depressed. My childhood was all a lie. My mom never loved my dad. I guess she had been having an affair for two years before she came clean. My dad packed up got divorce papers and left. He ended up getting full custody of me. My brother stayed with my mom. Every time she calls I find an excuse not to talk to her. My dad lives in Joliet where he grew up. I see him from time to time." I say. Tears rush down my face. Kelsey is the only one that lived through this whole thing with me.
"I'm so sorry. Is that why you left home to live here?" He asks.
"Yeah. My dad, Kelsey, and I all flew up her after our senior year. I took two years of college and started my life." I say my voice heavy from the tears.
"Baby I'm so sorry this happened to you." He says comforting me.
"Thanks." I say. I curl up and lay down. I rest my head on his leg. I'm so tired of all the drama and crying. Jason grabs the blanket off the back of the couch. He lays it across me.
"I love you." He says.
"I love you too." I say. He rubs small circles on my back. I feel my eyelids get heavy. I close them and fall soundly asleep.

~~~~~~~
Please vote and comment
Thank you. XOXOXO