Chapter 25

Sarah P.O.V.
I wake up to killer cramps. I get out of bed and go to the bathroom. I change my pad and head back to bed. It's still dark outside.
"You okay?" Jason whispers.
"Yeah just in a little pain." I say. He rolls over to look at me.
"Do you need anything?" He ask. It's so cute to see him care like this.
"I'm not sure. I'll let you know if I do though." I say.
"Okay get some rest." He says. We cuddle close together. I fall asleep in the warmth of him and in the pain of Mother Nature.
I wake up to Jason getting out of bed. He's shirtless making me hot all over.
"Good Morning beautiful." He says. He didn't turn around he just knew I was starring. He walks into the bathroom. I get out of bed. I look at the bed.
I wanted to laugh. This couldn't be happening. I mean yeah I got a heavy flow but really. There on the sheets was a red stain.
"What's wrong?" Jason asks leaning against the bathroom door frame.
"I ruined your sheets." I say blankly to him.
"It's okay. They can be replaced. What do you want for breakfast?" He says. I love how he's so calm.
"Something junky and filling." I say. I go into the bathroom. I clean myself up and head down the kitchen. Jason is cooking. I smell chocolate and get to happy.
"Chocolate chip pancakes." He says.
"Mmm. Perfect." I say. We eat breakfast and I head up for a shower.
"Hey I'm gonna head to work. I have a few clients today. Are you okay here by yourself?" He asks.
"Yeah I'll be fine. When will you be back?" I ask.
"Probably around 5." He says.
"Okay." I say. I walk over to him from across the bedroom. I wrap my arms around him.
"I love you." I whisper.
"I love you too baby." He says leaning his head down. He stops halfway and clenches his jaw. I place my hand on his cheek. I kiss him softly. He hesitates at first before kissing me back. I've missed the way his lips fit with mine.
"I've missed that." He says.
"I have too." I say with a smile.
"I gotta go. I'll talk to you later." He says.
"Okay bye. I love you." I say. He kisses my forehead.
"I love you too." He says and walks out of the room. I change into some baggy clothes and head downstairs.
I decided to call Kelsey and ask her about her date.
"Hey Kelsey." I say after she picks up on the second ring.
"Sarah hey." She says.
"How was your night?" I ask. There's silence for a minute.
"Can I call you later? Now isn't the perfect time." She says.
"Yeah that's fine." I say.
"Okay. Bye. Love you." She hangs up. What in the world could she be doing? I think about it. Was it possible she and him are still together. That wouldn't make sense though she isn't like that. And didn't Jason say that Brandon has changed and doesn't sleep with girls on the first date.
Nothing is adding up. I decided I want help. I text Jason in seek of finding out where she's at.
"Hey Jason I need help if you aren't to busy." I send him. He doesn't reply soon which is okay. I understand he has work and needs to get it done.
"Sorry I was finishing a client but yeah what's up." He sends after 20 minutes.
"Can you find out where Brandon is. Like ask him about last night. Something with Kelsey is weird and off." I send.
"Yeah sure. I'll have Jeff go by and pretend to pick up a pair of shoes for you." He sends back immediately.
"Okay thank you so much. I just want to make sure she's okay. Love you babe." I send. I'm glad he's open to help me. I care so much about Kelsey.
"I love you too. And of course I'll always help." He says.
"Thank you. Text me back how it goes." I send.
"Okay I will." He sends. I walk to the living room. I grab the blanket off the couch and sit next to the window. I hate heights but it'll keep me distracted. The city looks so beautiful but on every street there's a different horror story.
I don't know how long I sit there when there's a knock at the door. I get up and walk to the door. I'm to short to look through the peep hole so I open the door. Jeff stands with a pair of flip flops. Specifically mine.
"So what's the verdict?" I ask stepping aside. He walks past and towards the kitchen.
"Well she was there but definitely not alone." He says. I'm gonna kill Brandon if he hurts her. I'll also kill Jason.
"Does Jason know?" I ask.
"I don't think so." He says. I feel anger rise.
"What a fucking liar." I scream. I turn to punch the wall but Jeff stops me.
"Hey it's okay. Who's a liar?" He asks.
"Jason. He said that Brandon changed. I swear if Kelsey gets hurt. Jason is definitely not the boy I loved two weeks ago." I say tears rush down my face.
"It's okay. Brandon is a good guy. When I was driving them last night they seemed happy. I didn't suspect anything to him. He hasn't done anything bad in a long time." He says comforting me.
"But what if she does get hurt then what to I do?" I say. He thinks about it for a moment.
"I don't want to say the wrong thing. It's your decision you decide." He says.
Just then I hear the door open. Loud footsteps come closer. Tears still rush down my cheeks. I'm leaning against the wall probably looking like a mess. Jason walks into the door way.