Chapter 62

Sarah's P.O.V.
  I stay sitting in the floor crying. I can feel Jason kneeling next to me. I hate Victoria so much. Every time she's comes around something bad has to happen to me and Jason. Things have been going to do well the past few months. I just got him back after spend the summer without him.
  Jason finally pulls me close to him and rests his head on mine. I cruel up in his lap and just sit there letting the tears roll silently.
  "I know baby." Jason says quietly rubbing my back trying to comfort me. It works until I catch a breath of his. My stomach goes in nots. It scares me that he could snap at any moment.
  "Can we just go to bed? I really don't want to think about this right now." I say moving away from him.
  "Yeah sure." He says when I get off of him. There is still some Bourbon left in his glass and he goes to reach for it but I stop him.
  "Jason, please, no?" I say questionably. He sighs and backs away. So I grab and swig it down letting it burn my throat. Jason rolls his eyes and prepares to kill the fire so we can head upstairs.
  He kills it and we walk up the three flights of stairs to our room. I slide out of my clothes and pull on a t-shirt of Jason's. Jason strips to his boxers and we slide in bed together. I face my back to Jason so I don't get any strong breaths from Jason's liquor mouth. He pulls close and we soon drift off into a deep sleep.
  I wake up multiple times in the middle of the night. I just can't fall asleep that well. I cuddle close to Jason every time seeking comfort from him. I haven't had any nightmares in two months and I guess my body knows that with the new information I will end up having one.
  The night drags on until I see the sun peaking through the blinds. I finally decide it's okay to just get up. I walk to the bathroom to take a long hot shower. The mornings and nights Jason and I have spent in the shower and bath tub are unforgettable.
  While taking my shower I try to not think about the negative things finding their way back into my life. Instead I think about me in my bridesmaids dress next to my best friend standing at the alter. Jason is Brandon's best man so him and I will walk down the aisle together. Then it's Olivia and her boyfriend. Kelsey decided to also include Brandon's sister, Abby, in this too so her and he boyfriend, Mark, will be walking down the aisle too.
  Brandon's sister is really nice and we've been spending time with her and Olivia ever since we started wedding planning. This wedding stuff is stressful but it's fun knowing it's all for my best friend. When we went dress shopping I couldn't stop crying she looked so beautiful in the dresses she was trying on. She ended up going with a body con mermaid dress that has studs and diamonds everywhere fading away at her thighs.
  Hands grab my waist and I jump a little. I realize I've just been standing under the running water rather than washing my hair and body. Jason turns on the second faucet so we don't have to share one. I actually start to wash myself and carry on as if nothing is out of place.
I finish my shower and go to step out but Jason grabs my hand and pulls me close. Water drips along his body, he reaches for my cheek to cress it. I lean into his hand closing my eyes pretending it's okay. I can feel him lean down and lightly brush my lips. I kiss back lightly and we pull away. We stare at each other till we both turn away from each other.
I go to the closet and slip on some sweat pants and one of Jason's hoodie. I walk downstairs to the kitchen to make some coffee. I start the pot and just stare out the kitchen window. A thin layer of snow covers the ground as it continues to fall from the sky. I hate winter. I realize I left my phone downstairs last night and go to find it even though it will probably be dead.
I find it on the dining room table next to all the candy I bought. I pick it up and see I still have 30% charge left and a few messages. I open up the ones from Kelsey.
"Hey did you ever go to the banquet room?"
"Also did you get the candy?"
"Sarah why aren't you answering?"
"I haven't heard from you in seven hours. I'm coming over tomorrow to make sure your okay?"
Typically Kelsey. I didn't mean to stress her out and now I feel bad because it's bad for her and the baby.
"Hey Kelsey, sorry about yesterday something came up. I did go to the banquet and everything was perfect and will be set up soon. I also did indeed get the candy so we can start that whenever you want. Also you don't need to come over. I promise everything is okay." I send her hoping she's gets reassurance. I look at the clock and realize it's only 5:30 on a Saturday morning. I sigh and head back to the kitchen to find Jason with a cup of coffee in his hands already.
  Fucking Victoria had to ruin everything. Every morning Jason and I laugh and mess with each other, mostly tickling or slap each other's asses, but now we are hardly looking at each other. Jason's phone starts ringing and he gives me a glance before taking it.
  "Hey Olivia." He says into the phone and I feel a sigh leave my mouth. They are talking about something with the family but I barely pay attention so I can get a cup of coffee too. I just go for straight black today, no cream and sugar.
  "Sarah, can we talk now?" Jason asks. I lean against the counter and look at my coffee mug a nod.
"Look at me, please." Jason says with a plead in his voice. I glance at his face and realize he looks like crap. His eyes are sunken into their sockets and he has dark circles. I want to just hold him and tell him we can get through whatever has happened and that him and I will be okay.
"Sarah, something really bad happened. Just listen to my full story before you comment. I just want to get it all out without stopping." He says looking me in the eyes.
"Okay." I say softly and wait for him to speak. He takes a sip of his coffee before speaking.
"I got a call from Olivia yesterday evening after you left for your errands. She told me that my mother was killed. It doesn't look like suicide but murder. Olivia says dad didn't take very hard and thinks he's part of this as well as Victoria. She's been hanging around the house and office much more often, Olivia told me. When I finish talking to Olivia about 45 minutes late I get a call from Victoria. She said and I quote, 'now that your mom is out of the way I have your daddy and I get all the money'. Then she hung up the phone both her and my dads number have been disabled and the house was empty. I have no clue where they went. I know for sure the don't know where I live, unless they figured it out. I think Olivia and I are going to set up services and come up with a cover story of the family." He says everything with a choked voice and I can't help but walk over to him and wrap my arms around him.
"Jason I'm so sorry. I can't imagine the pain you are going through right now. I'm always here for you never forget that. I will help you set up her services and anything else you need. I'm just so sorry. I do believe that Victoria has some secret mafia doing her dirty work though." I say holding him close. I can feel the soft sobs he lets out and it makes me tear up too.
"Thank you. It really means a lot to have you in my life. If I wouldn't have you I'd be four bottle of Bourbon deep." He says the last part sarcastically but it makes my stomach drop.
"Yeah I'm glad I'm here too. How's Olivia doing?" I ask.
"I'm haven't talked to her since yesterday but she sounded pretty rough. I'm going to see about heading to the funeral home to get things ready so my moms services can be on Monday." He says quickly.
"There's no rush. It's okay." I say rubbing his back.
"I know but I want his out of the way before the wedding and it's close to Christmas too." He says looking me in the eyes.
"Yeah your right. Do you want me to help Olivia at the funeral home while you contact family members? I'll do anything." I say reaching for his hands and gripping them.
  "Please?" He asks.
  "Absolutely. Is there anything else I can help with?" I ask him. I'm really here for him it breaks my heart to hear this kind of news and to see him so upset.
  "No. Thank you though. I love you baby." He says.
  "I love you too." I say back.

~~~~
Please vote and comment.
Thank you. XOXO.