Chapter 40

Sarah's P.O.V.
  "Do we have to leave?" I ask Jason as we load our stuff into the car. It's late in the afternoon, we spent most of the day laying in bed and eating. I'm glad to have spent time with him.
  "Yes we both have work and don't you miss Kelsey?" He ask after putting the last bag in the car.
  "Yeah I guess you have a point." I laugh. He smiles and pulls me into a hug.
  "I've had a great time with you. So glad you walked into my tattoo shop that day." He murmurs happily.
  "Me too." I say. He opens my door and I climb in. He closes it and walks over to his.
"Is it okay if I rest a little? I'm still tired." I ask.
"Yeah sure." He says. I lean me head against the window and close my eyes. I listen to the soft noise of the tires and the low hum of the engine. I quickly find myself asleep.
I don't know how long I was asleep for but my phone wakes me up. The caller ID is Kelsey. I haven't talked to her or anything so I quickly answer.
"Hey Kelsey." I answer with joy in my voice. I've missed her so much this past weekend.
"Hey. How far away are you?" She sounds like she been crying. Worry flushes over me.
"I'm not sure. Why? What's wrong?" I ask frantically. I can see Jason give me a cautious glance.
"Sarah I wanna tell you in person. How far are you?" She says. I can hear the lump in her throat.
"Jason. How much longer?" I ask quickly.
"Forty-five minutes." He says.
"Kelsey we are forty-five minutes away." I repeat to her.
"Please hurry. Sarah I'm scared." She says.
"Hang in there. I'll be home soon. Can me again if you need to. I'm here for you." I say. I try to calm her down but I here her sniffle. I face my body towards the window away from Jason.
"Kelsey your scaring me now. Please tell me what's wrong." I say quietly.
"Sarah," there's a small pause as she takes a deep breath," there is a high chance that I am pregnant." She says her voice rough and hard. My stomach sinks.
"Tell me everything. From your first thought to now. I need to know what your thinking." I say. There no words from her on her tears and occasionally sniffles.
"Can we just talk in person?" She asks.
"I guess. But please call if you want to talk. I'm always here for you." My words of encouragement are the only thing she can hold on to. I'm even scared. She isn't ready for this. No one is.
"Okay I will. Drive safe I love you." She whispers.
"I love you too." I say and she hangs up. I stare out the window. Jason doesn't bother me even though he knows something isn't right.
I think about this and how it will change our lives. Kelsey and I are still young we don't have much experience on the world and life it's self. She doesn't have the money to support her baby. I mean I'd support her as much as I can. What if Brandon wants nothing to do with her anymore. That'll hurt her and the baby with stress and depression. This is all a mess. I'm scared just as much as she is. I hope this works out in the end. I want her to be happy but also be ready to support the baby.
  "Sarah." Jason says. I look over at him. He's staring at me. We are at a stop light. I haven't even realized we've made it into the city.
  "Sorry. I was just thinking." I blush and look away.
  "It's okay. Are you okay? Your conversation with Kelsey seemed intense." He asks as he goes forward again.
  "Um yeah. Kinda. I don't know." I say. I look back out the window. The cars reflection is in the window and I stare at it as we drive along. Jason doesn't ask anymore questions. I continue to stare out the window till we pull up to my apartment.
  "Is it okay if I head up right away?" I ask eagerly getting out of the car.
  "Yes. Go ahead I'll be up in a minute." He says. I run to the building throwing the door open and running up the stairs to our door. My hands are shaking as I knock.
  "Kelsey" I yell threw the door. I can hear her feet beat against the floor as she comes to the door. It flys open but it isn't who I was expecting.
  "Sarah." Brandon's rough voice startles me. I don't great him not because I'm mad. I just wanna see my best friend. She needs me. I rush through the apartment. I find her in her room sitting on her bed. Her back is facing me as she looks out the window. My heaving breathing causes her to turn around.
  I rush over climb on the bed and throw my arms around her. This is such a familiar thing to do. When ever she would have a break up it would be this same pattern. Even when we were young. Her arms squeeze me as tight as they can even though she's weak. Neither one of us tries to pull away.
  We hug forever. We both end up crying before she can even explain anything to me. I tried to me strong for her but I'm scared too.
  "Sarah. Let me explain everything." Kelsey says pulling away from me.

~
Please like and comment.
Thank you. XOXO.