Chapter 32

Sarah's P.O.V.
When brunch is over everyone goes into the living room to talk. Jason takes my hand and leads my out the back door. There is a patio with an in ground pool and hot tub. There is also an entrance to a grander, which Jason is leading me to.
"My mom seems to really like you." He says.
"I like her too." I say in response. We enter the garden and the smell is breath taking. I wanna live her or something similar one day.
"Together?" He asks. I look at him confused.
"What?" I say.
"Guess you were thinking out loud." He laughs. He guides me right, going past rose bushes.
"Sorry." I say I can feel the heat creep into my cheeks.
"It's okay. It's nice to hear your wishes for the future." He says.
"Why?" I ask.
"No reason really." He says. I'm sure he wants to know how to plan a future for us. I would love to have one with him but he's all I even been with. Maybe that's how God planned my life.
"Okay. So what did you wanna taco about?" I ask. He pauses and thinks about it.
"I have to go on a business trip for the week and into the weekend. I know you were hoping something for our anniversary but I have to go. I wish I could stay here but it's urgent." He says. I didn't even realize we stopped and he was looking at me.
"When do you leave?" I ask him.
"Tonight." He says. Sadness rushes through me. It's hard to sleep without him, how am I gonna survive a whole week? I was really hoping to spend my weekend with him.
"Sarah please say something. I can tell your hurt." He says.
"It's okay. I'm just thinking that's all." I say.
"About what?" He asks. I look down and feel him step closer.
"It's silly. Nothing to worry about." I say.
"Nothing is silly." He says. He slips a finger under my chin so our eyes meet.
"How am I gonna get sleep? What if I get a nightmare? What about our anniversary?" I say.
"I stay on the phone with you while you sleep. I'll be in a different time zone that will work for this. If you wake up and have one I'll be there to talk too. And we can have our anniversary while we are in your home town." He says.
"That seems silly. You won't get any work done. And also how will we be able to have our anniversary when we'll be at my house?" I say.
"It'll be fine I'll keep a Bluetooth in and if I hear you I can talk to you. For our anniversary we can go to dinner and we don't have to stay the whole weekend there." He says.
"Okay yeah I guess you have a point." I say.
"You okay?" He asks.
"I think so." I say. He pulls me into his arms. I lay my head against his chest. We stand there for a little bit then Jason pulls away.
"I love you." He says.
"I love you too." I say. I lean up and kiss him. We don't even get a full kiss in before we hear footsteps. We stop and sigh in frustration. I don't turn to see who it is but Jason does.
"What could you possibly need?" He asks the person.
"We all thought you left. Why aren't you with the rest of us?" A man says. I turn and see Jason's dad.
"Now you decide to join us. We are fine now leave us alone." Jason says.
"Son don't give me that attitude." He says marching towards us.
"No. This is bullshit. Your sending me away on your business trip and for what? I have a girlfriend that I care about and wanna be around for our one month and your just gonna take that away. Forget it I'm done with your shit. I'm not going." Jason says. When he finishes he grabs my hand and pulls me along. He's walking a much faster pace than I can go.
"Jason slow down." I groan. We walk pass the house, around the side, and into the front driveway.
"Jason talk to me!" I exclaim. He open the car door and places me inside. He shuts the door and gets in on his side. He starts the car and starts driving.
"Jason!" I yell. He slams the breaks at the stop sign he almost blew.
"I'm sorry. I'm just so sick and tired of him bossing me around and telling me what the fuck I should be doing. I'm not gonna let him anymore." He says.
"Jason he's your dad you can't just not do that." I say.
"Yes I can. Look at you, you and your dad fled your mom because you couldn't take her and she was cheating." He says. My jaw drops.
"You did not just say that." I say. Reality hits him when he sees my tears come down my cheeks.
"I'm sorry. Rage got the best of me. You k ow I would never say something like that." He says. He leans over to wipe the tears away.
"Don't touch me." I say moving towards the door trying to put space in between us. He punched the steering wheel.
"Baby please." He says. I can tell his voice is heavy because he's about to cry.
"Just please take me home." I say my voice shaky. He starts driving I just close my eyes and listen to the tires on the asphalt.
I wanna be mad at him for what he said. I know he didn't mean it but it still hurts. What if we aren't meant to work out? That hurt me even more to think about.
"Baby can we please talk?" He asks. I just shrug.
"Are you mad?" He asks. I shake my head no.
"Then what is it?" He asks.
"It hurt. I never wanna hear you say anything like that. I've given you so many breaks this pass weekend but I'm done. It seems like all we do is fight. It's hurting me and I don't like it." I say staring straight ahead not looking at him.
"Okay. I'm really sorry baby." He says. He places his hand on my leg. I flinch but then soon melt into him touch. He feels comforting but him words felt like hell.
"I know you are. I just need some time to think things through." I say.
"Okay. Do you wanna go to my place or yours?" He asks. If I go to mine Kelsey is just gonna keep nagging me when I don't wanna talk about it. At Jason's I can have my space even though he's there.
"Yours will be fine I guess." I say. I can feel the relief rush over him.

~~~~
Please vote and comment
Thank you XOXOXO