Chapter 27

Jason's  P.O.V.
Sarah and I lay in bed till we hear the doorbell ring. We walked down the stairs hand in hand. She stayed back while I opened the door. Brandon stood there alone.
"Hey Brandon." I say.
"Hey man." He says. I step out of the way. He walks in.
"So this is Sarah?" He says when he gets inside.
"Yeah I forgot this is the first time you guys would formally meet." I say.
"Hello Sarah I'm Brandon." He says sticking out his hand.
"Nice to meet you." She says shacking his hand.
"So why do you need me here?" He says directing his attention to me.
"We need to talk." I say walking towards the living room. Sarah follows by my side and Brandon a few paces behind. Sarah and I sit on the couch and Brandon on the chair.
"So how was your night with Kelsey?" Sarah asks taking charge of the conversation.
"It was good. She's a lovely lady." He says.
"What did you guys do?" She asks. I squeeze her hand telling her that I'm here.
"We went to diner then to her place." He says.
"You said you changed." I pitch in.
"I have I swear. Is this what this is about?" He says.
"Yes. Sarah doesn't want to see Kelsey hurt. She cares about her and I'm gonna support her with her decision." I say.
"Well I won't. I promise. She's to amazing to hurt. There was no funny business I swear." He says to Sarah.
"Please keep it that way. Thank you for being honest." She says.
"Your welcome." He says.
"Can Brandon and I have a word alone?" I ask Sarah.
"Of course." She gets up and walks up the stairs.
"I messed up." I say.
"What do you mean?" He asks.
"I snapped after our night at the bar." I say guilt rushes over me.
"How bad?" He asks.
"Well I went to Sarah's and scared her. I did everything I would do when I was with Victoria." I say I hang my head low.
"Damn I'm sorry. If I would have known better I would have stopped you. It's my fault." He says.
"Don't say that. I should know my limits." I say. This is my fault. I know the monster that lays inside me. I should have known not to go to her.
"She seems okay so that's good." He says.
"That night she wasn't. I hurt her. Her wrists were bruised." I say my voice gets weak. I can't cry.
"If she stayed then its okay. I'll keep a better eye on you next time. I'm sorry man." He says.
"Thank you." I say.
"Any time. So how are things with Victoria? Is she causing trouble?" He asks.
"What do you think? She's back and looking to get with me. Money and sex is all she wants. Sarah is terrified of her too." I say. My sadness is replaced with more of anger.
"Why?" He asks.
"Because of what she turned me into. I guess after it all Sarah's just scared." I say.
"I'm sorry man. Well I'm always here you know that." He says.
"Yeah I know. Thanks." I say.
"You wanna go out? Sarah can come if she wants." He says.
"Yeah I guess. I'll go get ready and let her know. You can watch TV if you want." I say as I get up and walk up stairs. I walk in the bedroom. Sarah is on the bed with her phone.
"Do you wanna go out with me and Brandon? We'll probably go get food." I ask her.
"Sure. I'm starving." She says and gets up from the bed. We take turns in the bathroom and closet. After about 45 minutes we are ready to go. Sarah is in a long black skirt and maroon v neck. She looks beautiful.
"I love you." I say before leaving my room. She stops and smiles.
"I love you too." She says. I cup her cheek and rub my thumb softly.
"Kiss me." She whispers. I lean in slowly and kiss her. Teasing her with a small kiss first. She pushes her self into the kiss. I kiss her back with more love and passion.
"Don't wanna keep Brandon waiting." She says breaking the kiss. She walks out of the room. I follow her down the stairs. Brandon hears us and comes out of the living room.
"What took you so long?" Brandon says.
"My lady needed her time." I say. Sarah smiles at how I address her.
"Okay so where do you wanna go?" He asks.
"I'm starving." Sarah says.
"Well lets go to Grand Lux Café." He says. We head downstairs and into the warm weather. It's mid afternoon.
"How far is it?" Sarah asks.
"Not that far. Only a few more blocks." I say.
"Hey Brandon. Why don't you invite Kelsey?" Sarah asks.
"I did. Jeff is gonna pick her up." He says. Her face lights up with joy.
"You miss her don't you?" I say.
"Oh you don't know how much. I'm always directing my attention to you. I mean I love you but she's my best friend." She says.
"It's okay." I laugh. We reach the front of the building. I can smell the food from out here. This place is like city comfort food. It's very classy looking and has amazing food.
"Lets go get a table." Brandon says heading into the building. He talks to a lady and we are lead up a grand staircase. We are seated in a more private area.
"Brandon let's sit together so the girls can talk." I suggest. The both is rather large.
"Alright that's fine." He says. I slide into the booth first then he does. Sarah sits across from me. We look at the menu then hear the clicking of heels. Sarah looks up and her face lights up. She jumps out of the booth and gives Kelsey a giant hug.