Chapter 55

Sarah's P.O.V.
       Three months later. 
  It's been three months since Jason has left. Life isn't the same. Work drags on without him there. I haven't spoken to his family only Brandon, his best friend. Kelsey has been trying to keep me busy with baby planning. She's finally showing as her baby bump grows. Brandon misses his best friend too, we get each other now. More drinking has played out since the departure. Kelsey and I have visited my dad. He asked about Jason and I said he's on a family business trip.
  I'm currently waiting at work for the day to be over. Zack and Tony don't really bring up Jason seeing he isn't coming back any time soon. Business is usually without Jason just I've picked up on the financial side. One hour left of this day and I can go home and sleep.
The day is over and I walk home enjoying the fall air. It doesn't take long to get home. I check my mail box before heading up to my apartment. A couple of bills and a letter. No name. I rush upstairs and to the kitchen.
I rip open the letter. It's a letter from Jason!!

Hey baby. I hope you didn't forget about me because I sure as hell didn't forget about you. I want to let you know I'll be coming back soon. By the time you probably get this I'll be on my way to you. Start backing your bags. Baby it's time for a fresh start.
Your love, Jason.

Jason is coming back! Tears of joy rush down my cheeks. By baby is finally coming back. I grab my phone and text Brandon that Jason is coming back soon. I quickly go to my room and grab a bag. I don't care where I'm going as long as its with my baby. I start packing random clothes into the bag. Hours pass by as I keep my self busy. Finally there's a knock at the door I rush to it. On the other side is him.
"Hi Sarah." His deep familiar voice warms my body. I jump into his arms.
"Jason." I breathe. His arm cress my body.
"I love you." He says pulling away so he can see my face. I don't hesitate to kiss him. It's a long passionate kiss.
"I love you too." I say with joy. He chuckles and carries me in side.
  "Okay let me talk." He says once we are settled in on the couch. I hold his hand ready to hear everything he has to say.
  "Okay." I say giving him a warm smile. He fixes his eyes on the coffee table and begins to talk.
  "Sarah, I'm so sorry for leaving you. I had to leave that night. I knew my dad would finally do something and I need to have a plan. I've been spending the past three months just south of Joliet where your dad is. I've been setting up a home for us. I bought a new building for tattoos and that's completed so is our new home. It's an old Victorian home. I think you'll love it and you'll be close to your dad. Please go with me. Sarah will you move in with me, away from the city?" He says and finally looks at me. Tears build up in my eyes.
  "Oh Jason. I will gladly move with you. I don't want to be in the same town as Victoria." I say it so quickly. Am I really making the smart choice?
  "Well back your bags. We can leave tomorrow." He says with a smile.
  "I think Brandon and Kelsey are coming over." I say getting up from the couch.
"That's okay. I miss them and I wanna talk to them anyway." He says.
  "Okay well I'm gonna pack I guess." I say and start to leave. I hear Jason following me. I stop in front of my door. His arms wrap around my waist and he whispers in my ear.
  "You think I'm gonna let you out of my sight. Wrong." He says sending the familiar chills down my back.
  "Lets not get too involved. Brandon and Kelsey. Remember." I say opening my door. Jason and I waddle into the room since he is still holding me.
  "You already got started." He says a little happy.
  "Yeah I wanted to keep myself busy till you got here. Also I hope it's okay but I stole some of your stuff from your apartment." I say.
  "I know." He chuckles. I turn around and look at him.
  "What?" I say furrowing my eyebrows.
  "I came up here a month ago. I needed to sell it and send some of the stuff to our new home. I also checked in with my family and Jeff. I'm sorry I didn't come see you." He says. I'm kinda angry now.
  "I hate you." I say walking away from him.
  "I'm sorry. I just knew I would be able to hold back. I had to make everything finalized." He says.
  "Okay." I say shrugging. I start to back some of my final things. Jason walks to my closet and sees his clothes. He grabs the duffle bag on the top shelf and slowly packs them inside.
  "What happened while I was gone?" Jason asks. Do I tell the truth or lie?
  "Um. The first week was rough. I didn't go to work and I drank more. I was heart broken. You left and I didn't know much and it scared me. I had no contact to you and what if you died or something. I could hardly sleep and Brandon and I became small drinking buddies. I lost my boyfriend he lost his best friend. We were lost. I did enjoy time with Kelsey thought. The baby is doing great only five months till she's due." I say.
  "I'm sorry, Sarah." He says quietly.
  "I know." I say.
"Do you forgive me?" He asks nervously.
"I don't know." I say dropping my eyes to the floor. Maybe this is going to fast. He just got back today and I'm already saying yes to leaving the city behind. My mind and heart are everywhere.
"I'll give you a minute." He says leaving the room. I take a deep long sigh. I sit on the edge of the bed and look around the room. My closet is empty, the drawers, everything. Two suitcases sit on the bed with Jason's duffle bag on the floor. I hear the door open and close. I don't leave yet I want them to have a moment. After long muffled conversations Kelsey walks in.
"Hey. How you doing?" She asks sitting next to me.
"I'm okay. I'm just confused." I say looking at her.
"He told us everything. I think you should go. It'll be better for you." She says. She doesn't really know everything with Victoria but knows enough to know that she isn't good news.
"You think?" I ask her wanting to make sure this is the right decision.
"Yes. Now do you need help packing?" She asks.
"Nah I'm pretty much done at this point. What are we gonna do with the apartment?" I ask her. She mostly been living with Brandon at his place.
"Um Sarah there's something I want to tell you. I'm engaged." She says with a big smile she holds out her hand. I almost scream. The giant diamond is placed on a gold band and has little diamonds sprinkled all around.
"Congratulations. I'm so happy for you." I say with the biggest smile.
"Thanks. Sarah with you be my maid of honor?" She asks.
"Obviously." I say laughing rolling my eyes. She gives me a quick hug. I spin the ring that's been on my finger for the past months. I've never taken it off.
"Lets go see what the boys are up to." She says dragging me out of the room.

~~~
Please vote and comment.
Thank you. XOXO.