Chapter 43

Jason's P.O.V.
Sarah and I get to my house around 6 o'clock. She goes straight for the living room. I do feel bad about going but I want to know what to expect for me and for Sarah.
  "Baby you want me to order you take out or something?" I ask her before heading upstairs to get ready.
  "No I'll be fine." She says.
  "Are you sure?" I ask.
  "Yes. Now go get ready." She says Turing back to the TV. I sigh and head up stairs. I take a quick shower. Since this is a high class dinner place I decide on wearing one of my high end suits. I get dressed and go back to the bathroom. I slick back my hair and spray in some Calvin Klein Cologne. When I head back downstairs it's almost 7:30.
  "I'm gonna head out. Can I get a kiss goodbye." I say with a cheesy smile.
  "Your a dork." She says getting up. I lean down and kiss her with all my love. I want her to know she's all I need in life. She pulls back and looks at me.
  "You look handsome." She says straightening my collar. I can't help but smile at her. She gives me one last kiss.
  "I love you. Please be smart." She says.
  "I love you too and of course." I say. I kiss her forehead.
  "Do you want me to wait up?" She asks before I leave the room.
  "No it's okay." I say.
"Okay bye babe." She says.
   "Bye bye." I say with a smile and walk out of the house. I decided on Jeff driving me tonight.
   "Good evening Jason." Jeff says as I get into his car.
   "Hey Jeff." I say nonchalant.
  "So dinner with Victoria." He says pulling away from my building.
  "Yeah. I'm kinda nervous. What if it's a trap or something stupid." I say. Jeff knows all the family drama. Me and Olivia fill him in on a daily basis.
  "Just be smart." He says. We don't talk much the rest of the ride. It's a long ride since traffic is bad. That's the only shitty part about living in Chicago. Traffic.
  "Text me when you want me to pick you up." Jeff says as he pulls up to the chop house.
  "Alright see you later" I say. I walk inside the restaurant. The lights are dim and a pianist is playing slow songs.
  "Hi welcome to the Chicago Chop House. How can I help you?" The young hosts asks.
  "Yes I'm with the reservation for Victoria." I say.
  "Follow me." She says. We go up the staircase to the more private area of the restaurant. She guides me to a table in the corner.
  "Enjoy." The hosts says and I take a seat. Beating Victoria to her own dinner reservations.
  "Well you decided to show up after all." Her cold voice says. I look up from my menu.
  "Hello to you too." I say. She sits next to me.
   "Glad you made it." She says.
  "I'm not here for your games. I'm just here to hear what you have to say." I explain. She doesn't answer as she looks through the menu.
  "Hi I'm Karen I'll be your server tonight. Can I start you off with something to drink?" Our waitress asks.
  "I'll have a scotch on the rock." I say.
  "Martini for me please." Victoria says.
  "Okay I'll be right back with your drinks." Karen says and she walks away.
  "Your still drinking after everything?" Victoria asks. I ball up my fists under the table.
  "See you knew exactly what you did." I say.
  "I've always known. Why can't you give me a second chance? It'll help out our family companies." She whines.
  "Victoria I'm with Sarah. I don't want anything to do with the deal." I say.
  "One day you'll have to do it no matter what. Who's gonna take it over when your dad dies." She says.
  "Would you stay out of my family business." I say looking her dead In the eye.
  "I always loved it when you would get protective." She says.
  "Shut the hell up." I say.
  "Why it's true. I know I treated you like shit but I really did love you." She says. I can't help but laugh.
  "Here's your drinks." Karen says as she places them down.
  "Are you ready to order?" She asks.
  "I'll have the Chicken Marsala." Victoria says.
  "And for you?" Karen asks me.
  "I'm not eating." I say. She takes our menus and walks away. I unbutton on suit jacket and reach for my drink. I take a good sip before setting it down.
  "So what's your deal? What's in it for you?" I ask Victoria.
  "Having you." She says.
  "Yeah okay. Sure it's not for the money?" I ask her.
  "No." She stutters.
  "Exactly what I thought." I say taking another sip this time a lot bigger. We don't talk for a while we just sit there.
  "What's Sarah like?" Victoria asks.
  "Everything you weren't. She's perfect everything I've ever wanted." I say truthfully.
  "Would you ever give me a second chance?" She asks. She places her hand on my thigh.
  "Get your hands off me before I do something to you." I say she's moving her hand higher up my leg. I stop her.
  "What are you gonna do?" She asks.
  "Everything I should have done before." I state. I take another sip of my drink almost finishing it.
  "Please give me another chance." She pleads.
  "What makes you think I'd do that? I've told before and I'll tell you now. No." I say.
  "Your Dad is gonna be pissed." She mumbles.
  "Fuck him and you." I mumble back. I finish my drink. Being around Victoria is already spiking up my drinking.
  "I gotta go." I say. I get up to walk out. I can hear Victoria follow me. I walk outside and stop out front.
  "Don't go." She says standing in front of me. I reach for my phone to text Jeff. Victoria grabs the back of my neck and pulls my face down. She kisses me before I have the chance to pull away. I hear a click of a camera in the distance. I pull away as fast as I can. I look at her horrified.
  "I love you Jason." She says.
  "Fuck you." I say and start to walk away. I try looking for who could have taken the pictures but I see no one. What if Sarah sees them? She'll take it the wrong way. I need to get to her. I call Jeff and tell him to come pick me up.

~~~
Please vote and comment.
Thank you. XOXO.