Chapter 42

Jason's P.O.V.
I get up at 5 am careful not to wake up Sarah. I take a quick shower and change into some clothes that I've left here at Sarah's. I slip out of the apartment and into my car. Monday morning traffic is the worst and I'm glad to beat it. I drive halfway across town to my apartment. I head up to my flat and open the door.
"Hello son." Dad says leaning against the wall. I don't know why I've let him have access to a key.
"What do you need?" I ask crossing my arms. I give him a stern look.
"Did you forget about our deal?" He asks cocking his head.
"I'm not doing it. Take my life away but you will not take me away from Sarah." I yell.
"You'll regret your decision. Why don't you come have dinner at the house? Me, you, and Victoria." He says.
"I'm not doing your fucking deal." I yell with complete anger. My hands ball up into fists.
"Okay. Once you have no money you'll regret it all." He says chuckling and walking past me. I grab his arm.
"You will not ruin my fucking life. I don't give a fuck what you do but you won't ruin it. You'll only ruin yours." I yell at him I shove him into the door.
"Your a disgrace to this family." He says fumbling for the door handle.
"Yeah so are you asshole." I mumble. He leaves before he hears me. That fucking asshole isn't gonna take Sarah away from me. I walk up the stairs and into my home office. I grab some sketch books and my planner. I have a lot of clients coming in this week since I've been out with Sarah.
  I hope Sarah can keep up. I'm glad that she's gonna be working with me. The old girl was kinda crabby and not cool. I fired her last night so I need to head over to the shop and open up.
I finally pull up to the shop at around 7 am. I get everything ready and wait for my first client and Sarah. Sarah happens to get here first. I explain to her everything from what to do when the client first walks in to when they walk out. I explained what to do if they are getting a tattoo or piercing. I also explained to her the two other artists that work her with me.
"Okay I think I got it. It's all a little confusing but I might have it." She laughs.
  "You'll get it by the end of the week. Today might be hectic but it'll be okay." I say. She takes a sip of her large coffee.
  "Thanks baby. " She says.
  "Your welcome." I say. Tony walks in with Zack. They are mumbling about something.
  "Morning guys. This is the new counter worker, Sarah." I inform them when they walk over to us.
  "Hello." They say together.
  "Since it's her first day please help her out if she needs something." I tell them.
  "Sure thing." Tony says.
  "Well I need to get ready for the day." Zack says and slips into his office.
  "Sarah you can keep your stuff in my office." I say. We walk into the back where my office is away from everyone else.
  "So for now I feel we should keep us on the DL. I don't think it's fair that you have your girlfriend working for you." She says. I love when I hear herself call her my girlfriend.
  "I agree." I say flashing her a smile.
"So what do I do again when a customer walks in?" She asks.
"You ask them if they have an appointment. If they do then ask who their artist is. If one of the rooms are open and ready you can have them wait in there. Zack mostly does piercings and no appointment people. After you've done that just let the artist know and we will take it from there." I explain to her.
"Okay I think I get. And if I get a phone call?" She asks.
"On the front counter there is a recording pad for phone calls. Just fill ask them questions for each spot and fill out their information." I explain to her as I rummage through some sketches.
"I'm gonna head out and get situated." She says. She walks out before I can reply. I find the sketches I'm looking for. My phone starts ringing as I'm about to leave my office. I walk over to grab it and don't even check the caller ID before answering.
  "Hey baby." I almost drop my phone.
  "What the hell do you want?" I say with rage.
  "I have dinner reservations for me and you. I was wondering if we could just talk at least." She says in her seductive voice. I squeeze the phone in my hand.
  "Not happening. Ever." I say with a clenched jaw.
  "Oh come on please. I got them at the Chicago Chop House. 8 o'clock. At least think about it" she says softly.
  "I don't want any part of you Victoria. Leave me the hell alone." I say a little loud.
  "What did I ever do to you?" She say pretending to sound hurt.
  "You know exactly what you did." I say.
  "No I don't why don't you explain it to me at dinner. I'll be there waiting. You can't leave a pretty girl all alone." She says.
  "Your a bitch." I chuckle and hang up. I turn around to walk out of my office but I can't. Sarah stands in the door way with her arms crossed.
  "How much did you hear?" I say looking at the floor.
  "All of it." She says.
  "She called me. I'm sorry. I was just about to walk out. I didn't think to check the caller ID." I say in all honesty.
  "So are you gonna go?" She asks walking towards me.
  "I don't know." I say looking at her. She looks mad but content.
  "Make the right decisions this time ." She says with a stern voice.  
  "When don't I?" I ask. She just scoffs.
  "Your first client is here." She says walking away and out of my office. The day drags on as clients shuffle in and out. Sarah and I order food in for lunch. We sit in my office and I sketch out a new design for my next tattoo. I continue to get constant messages from Victoria always earning a glance from Sarah.
  She's been a little distant but it's expected from her. I know she doesn't want me to go tonight but I kinda want to figure out her plan. I need to know what to expect when the time comes for everything to change. After work when everyone has left for the day I decide to talk to Sarah.
  "Baby can we talk?" I ask her.
  "Sure." She says sitting down in my desk chair.
  "Here me out first let me explain myself." I tell her.
  "Okay." She says with a worried lion on her face.
  "I'm gonna go tonight. I promise no funny business. I probably won't stay the whole time and leave half way through. I just want to hear what she planning to do and everything. I promise you that I'll be home right after." I say.
  "You unbelievable but I guess. You do any funny business and there will be consequences. Now let's go home. Your house tonight." She says and gets up to leave. I stop her before she can go any farther.
  "Lets go. I'm tired." She says pulling away.
  "Sarah stop. Look at me." I say.
  "No." She says as her voice cracks. I pull her close.
  "Hey don't cry. I promise I won't let her do anything. She's not gonna get me." I say reassuring her.
  "Okay." She says as a single tear rolls down her cheek. I kiss her softly and grab her hand.
  "Lets go home." I say softly. She nods and we head to my place. 

~~~
Please vote and comment.
Thank you. XOXO