Chapter 36

Phil started researching the nearest court house. I called up Pj and Chris and told them to meet us there. Phil and I must have been on some adrenaline rush as we approached the building. We stood in front of the doors and stared at each other. Phil couldn't stop smiling and either could I. "Dan, Phil! What are we doing here?" Pj shouted at us from down the pavement. We turned around to look at him and spotted Chris there too. I glanced at Phil for a moment before looking back at Chris and Pj. "We're signing to official marriage papers!" Phil half screamed. Pj stopped dead in his tracks and Chris gave us hugs. "You guys are going to be married now? What about the wedding?" Pj questioned. Phil shrugged, "I had a while 'we could die at any moment' thing and thought we could sign the papers now and still have the actually wedding when it's scheduled." Pj must've thought it was a good idea and followed us in. They sat in the waiting chairs as Phil and I waited in a line.

When we arrived at the desk, a lady handed us the papers. We filled them out and signed where we were told. Then we got handed a certificate with the names 'Dan and Phil Howell-Lester' on it. I smiled bright as we paid the lady and thanked her. Then we walked over to Pj and Chris who pulled us into a group hug and dragged us out of the building. "How bout some drinks to celebrate?" Chris leaned on Pj as we started to hail a cab. "I know a close bar," Pj threw his fist in the air. I tugged on the sleeve of Phil's coat. He glanced at me and nodded, "How about we just get some dinner later, yeah? Gives us time to get cleaned up and ready." I let out a sigh on relief. As much as I would be up for a celebratory drink right now, these pills would make me puke my guts out. "Sounds good," Chris shrugged. Pj dragged him into a cab that arrived, "Meet you at your place at 6?" I nodded and watched as they closed the cab door and drove off. I slid my hand into Phil's as we waited for a cab. When one approached, Phil held the door for me.

I smirked at him as I got in. He slid in next to me and shut the door behind himself. He told the driver our address and I sat back. Phil kept the paper in his hands. I watched out of the window as everything passed us by. When the cab came to a stop, I handed the driver the money. Phil and I thanked him and got out. We both stopped when we reached the bottom of the stairs. "Oh god we're going to have to climb those damn stairs again," I groaned. Phil chuckled, "Race to the top? I'll give you a victory kiss if you win." I eyed him and then the stairs. I got ready to run and so did Phil. "Ready, set," I took a head start, "Go!" I don't know why I thought running up so many stairs was a good idea, but I was still on my adrenaline high and managed to get to our flat door barely getting out of breath. Phil came up behind me and crossed him arms, "How did you manage that?!" I shrugged, "I don't even know."

I felt Phil pushing me and I blinked my eyes open. We were in our room only the light from the window seeping in and illumining our faces. "Dan were you having a nightmare? You we're breathing heavy and kicking in your sleep," Phil said in that sleepy voice of his. I blinked for a minute. Oh that must've been a dream. I shook my head, "It wasn't a nightmare actually." Phil placed his hand on my chest, "What did you dream about?" "Well I made you breakfast in bed and then you dragged me out for a walk. Then you suggested we get the marriage papers now and we did," I yawned, "Oh and I ran up all the stairs faster than you." Phil chuckled, "You have such silly dreams." "The silly ones are almost always based on you, Phil," I ran a hand through my hair. "At least you like my silly self," Phil replied. "I don't actually," I said in my most deadpan voice. Phil sat up and looked at me, "You don't?" I smirked and pulled him back down by his shirt, "I love your silly self." Phil smacked my chest lightly, "You scared me!"

Phil and I managed to roll out of bed finally and got dressed. "Do you want to go out for breakfast?" Phil asked me, "We could go to that Starbucks down the street." I shrugged, "If you're up to it." Phil nodded, "Let's grab our coats." I snuck our coats out of our room and tossed Phil's coat to him. We tugged our coats in at the same time along with our shoes. I grabbed the house key and stuffed my phone in my back pocket. Phil grabbed his phone and wallet and followed me out of the flat. He stuffed his hand in his coat pocket and put the other in my back pocket. I wrapped my arm around his waist and stuffed my other hand in my coat pocket. Phil lead us to the coffee shop as we made small talk together. I enjoyed this. I didn't even mind the cold or walking a distance right now. Phil held the door for me and we stepped into the line. I leaned my head on Phil's shoulder as we looked at the menu. We ordered our drinks once we reached the front and looked for a table to wait at. I pointed at the booth in the corner and Phil and I slid into it. He went to get the drinks once our names were called and handed mine to me.