Prologue ~Nightmares

A/N:  This is a reader insert story so whenever ‘------‘ appears simply insert your name. You will also be required to insert things like eye and hair colour and that stuff will show up in brackets, Got it memorized? Now on with the story!

Prologue

So cold. So, so cold. You were freezing as you trudged through the thick woods barely able to keep your bony, under nourished body upright. You had been stumbling through the woods for days with absolutely no idea where you were going and no idea where you came from. In fact the only things you could remember were your name ----- and that you were six years old.

Snap.

Your head snapped to the right at the sound. Someone or something was near and you weren’t going to wait around to find out what it was. You managed to pick up your pace slightly and tried to be as silent as possible as you struggled over the thick roots in front of you.

Snap, Crack.

Whatever it was, was getting closer and you were in no condition to fight it off. You only had one option left. You had to hide and quickly. To your left you spied a mass entanglement of roots, it was the perfect place to hide. You quickly and quietly worked your way towards them but your legs gave out and you fell. Stifling a yelp of pain you scurried over the remaining tree roots and hid yourself in a small crevice. You held your breath listening, waiting. All you could hear was the wind whistle overhead. You continued waiting in the deafening silence.

“Ahh,” you screamed as grubby hand squeezed your shoulder.

“Gotcha,” A masculine voice cackled as your head collided with the tree root. The last thing you could remember was your fragile body being tossed over the man’s shoulder and carted away.

“Ah,” You yelped jumping up in bed.

“Something wrong,” you heard Auron call from the other side of your closed bedroom door.

“I’m fine,” you called back followed by the sound of Auron’s retreating footsteps. “Just dreaming of the past,” You sighed.