9) Babysitter

I crack an eye open as I hear moving, and I raise my head from the pillow. "What are you doing?" I yawn, as I see Elliot putting on a leather jacket near the closet. "It's seven o'clock, Saturday, I need to go to my hangout to get information." he explains hurriedly, grabbing a bag and heading for the door. "W-wait!" I say, and he turns around. "Come here." I whine, pulling the sheets up to cover myself.

"Oh, sorry." he chuckles, laying a hand on the back of my neck and kissing me. "Bye baby. I texted Max to come watch you." he says, and goes to the door. "I'm not a kid, I can take care of myself." I whine, folding my arms across my chest. "You're like a kid," he laughs, kissing me one more time. "But it's too risky for you to be alone."

He walks out the door, and calls out "bye" after him.

I sigh, slipping on a big t-shirt from the cupboard, which ends mid-thigh. I walk to the kitchen and grab some breakfast, (well, dinner, but I just woke up), then I head back to the bedroom, flopping down on the bed. I hear keys turn in the door, and I still jump, even though I know it's Max. His footsteps creak on the floor, and I hop out of bed to go say hi to him. "Your babysitter is here..!"

"Maxy!" I giggle, throwing my arms around his neck and standing on my toes to reach his lips. "Hey pumpkin. How are you?" he laughs, wrapping his arms around my waist, after he realizes what's happening.

Elliot is taller than Max, since he's three years older than us, but I'm still short in comparison to anybody.

"I'm good! You never come around." I pout, giving him puppy eyes. "You need to understand it's still a bit weird with Elliot. I'm not used to 'sharing'." he rolls his eyes. "It's not 'sharing' stupid, haven't you ever had two partners?" I giggle, playing with his hair. "Whoa, whoa, whoa," he puts a finger up. "Are you implying Elliot is my partner?" he laughs, looking at me.

"Noooo..." I look away innocently. "You monkey." he laughs, and I squeal as he tickles my belly. "I'm not, I'm not!"

"I know you liked him in sixth grade, admit it." I grab his face with my hands, and smirk at him devilishly. "I DID NOT!" he laughs, tickling me again. "Did too."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did not."

"Did too." I fold my arms, smirking. "Did too." he says. "Did not." I say. "Wait what?"

He laughs, picking me up bridal style and sitting me on his lap on the couch. I smile, resting my head in the crook of his neck. "Why did I have to wait so long for this?" I look up at him. "It's a long story, but I've got you now, we don't need to wait anymore, pumpkin." he smiles, kissing me and wrapping an arm around my back for support.