28) Present

Griffyn's P.O.V

I run through the maze, after agreeing to a race with the boys, and currently I'm number one.

"Max, what the hell?" We both laugh seeing him pant behind us. "I'm tired, man."

I laugh and continue, and as I turn a corner I find myself at a door. "Huh?" I turn the handle slowly, and there shouldn't be another side, because there's no wall, but it opens up into darkness. "What is this?" I mutter, and I hear the boys fighting or something a while behind me.

I walk in, and amazingly I'm stepping on something. The door slams shut, then disappears, and I gasp. "Elliot!"

I look around frantically, but there's only darkness. "Max!"

I shut my mouth as I see three playing cards fly out in front of me. I take a step back, still in darkness, and I see them lay themselves on the ground. They each flip up in turn, the first saying "Past", the second, "Present", and the last, "Future".

They fly up in a puff of smoke, then three drop, face down. I slowly reach out and grab the one on the left. Turning it over, I see it reads, "Present".

"What the hell does that mean?" I frown, dropping it. I see a light ahead, and then I look around me to see I'm back in the mansion, where my family is.

"Guys! I'm here! Mom? Dad!" I run around, looking for them. I see My mom walk in, holding a little boy who kind of resembles my parents, and then my dad runs in. "Hey, buddy!" he smiles, and scoops him up, cuddling him close. "Ready for soccer?"

"Guys. Look at me! I'm back!" I shout, running towards my mom. I go to hug her, but my arms go straight through, like she's a hologram...

"Mom?"

"Ya!" the boy giggles, jumping. "Go get your things, and we'll go." Dad says, and the boy flies off. "Lucas!" My mom calls out. "Wat?" he asks babyishly. "I packed you a bag already, it's in your room." she says, and he says "okay", before flying off.

"Honey?" Dad asks, taking her hand and pulling her close to him. "Yes?" she bites her lip, as if she knows what he's about to say. "We have to tell him." he says, after taking a deep breath. "No way! I can't! It's too painful..." tears fill her eyes, streaming down her cheeks. "We can't just pretend she didn't exist. I'm not going to do that," he says, and wipes her tears. "She was my baby, she was my world, she was one of the two things which I loved the most in the world. She was the family I've always wanted." he says, pain filling his words. "And you know you did too."

She cries into his chest, grabbing his shirt, and he strokes her hair gently. "I'm not going to let her go. I can't. We have to tell him the truth." he says, and tears fill my eyes.

Are they talking about me? Do they really miss me that much? Did they have that adorable little brat to replace me? Oh, fuck... He's going to take over the realm! Of course! Now my odds suck. Half blood, female, weak. That's great...

"Tell what truth?" Lucas says mindlessly, flying in with a bag. "N-nothing, sweetie." Mom lies. "Why are you crying mommy?" he tilts his head to the side, flying into her arms and wiping her tears.

So innocent...so cute...

"No reason, darling. I'm fine." she smiles through her pain, brushing his hair away and kissing his forehead.

He is my little brother...

Suddenly everything disappears, and I'm back in the maze, with the boys holding me. I have tears on my face, and they seem to be trying to get me awake. "Griff!" Elliot says as I open my eyes.

Elliot's P.O.V

Her eyes are white for a split second after she opens them, and I look to Max for confirmation that I'm not just seeing things.

"What happened, sweetheart?" he asks, brushing her messy hair away from her tear-stained face.

"I- I have a little brother..." she whispers. "What?!"

"There was a door. Cards. I got the present. I saw my family, but they didn't see me. They miss me. I have a little brother-"

"WHAT?!" We both cut her off as she gets to that, and she nods silently. "He seems around five. His name is Lucas. He's going to replace my dad to rule the realm." she says, looking down. The next thing she says comes out in a whisper. "They won't even tell him who I am."

"Aww, baby..." I pull her into my arms, and she cries. Max hugs her from the side, and I stroke her back. "Th-they won't even tell him-" she echoes. "They act like I don't exist!"

"It's okay," I whisper. "Probably some sick trick of Seth's." Max says.

Parsley's P.O.V

I slam Seth up against the wall as we lock lips, and he smiles, sliding his hands to my lower back. "I"m surprised, you haven't messed with them for a while, now." I laugh.