18) Traps

We walk down a path in the maze, being careful where we step, since he said there are traps.

"STOP!" Parsley shrieks, snapping a hand out in front of us, and making me trip backwards, bending my arm. "Oww!" I cry, grabbing Max as I get dizzy. "Why did you do that?!" Luci growls. "Look..." Parsley whispers, kneeling down on the floor.

She runs her fingers along something, which I have to go down lower to see. It's a very thin thread, and almost invisible. "What happens when you..." Ryder pushes it lightly, and we see a wrecking ball appear in the ceiling, swinging down towards us. The twins hug each other, dropping to the floor with Parsley, and my senses don't quite register that it's coming, since I'm dizzy and delusional.

"Duck!" Elliot yells, throwing Max and I to the ground. It swings over our heads, continuing to go back and forth.

"Y-y-you saved me..." Max gasps, and Elliot holds himself up with an arm either side of us. "Well I'm not going to let you die." he rolls his eyes. "You're still one of my best mates, and Griff loves you."

I blush, looking over at him, and he avoids eye contact as his face goes red.

"T-Thanks..." he whispers. I look over, and the ball has slowed down, eventually stopping.

"Let's go..." I say quietly, tiptoeing around it. "Be more careful next time." Luci says, looking around. "How the hell did you spot that?!" I ask Parsley, but she just shrugs. "No idea."

***

"I'm so tired..." I whisper, leaning on Elliot as we walk for hours. "Night-night!" Seth says, and we all turn the corner, seeing three little wooden cabins, side by side. "Why would we trust you?" I growl, looking up. "Because I don't want you to die on your own. What kind of enemy would I be if I didn't kill my enemies, and just let them die?" he laughs, and three name tags appear above the house's doors.

The right one says "Twins", the middle says "Princess Parsley", and the last says "The Three Hopeless Weirdos".

"Great." I sigh, walking forward. "Fighting."

***

I lie in bed with my face buried in the pillow, pretending to be asleep. "I knew her first!" Max whisper-yells at Elliot. "You would never man-up, though!" Elliot growls.

Parsley's P.O.V

It's dead silent, and the cabins are really sound proof, but I'm guessing the boys are killing each other over Griff again. "Hey." A deep voice says. I freeze in place, and an shiver runs down my spine. I look up to meet the eyes of Seth Limbo himself.

He's not nearly as old as I thought, and probably around my age. He has a defined jawline, dusted in soft bristles of hair, and his eyes are a mysterious deep brown. His hair is golden brown, and he smiles at me.

"W-what do you want?!" I ask shakily, backing up against the wall. "You." he replies simply, and everything goes black.

Luci's P.O.V

"I can't get comfortable..." I groan, rolling onto my back. "Me either." Ryder says from the sleeping bag across from me. I crawl over to him, climbing on top of his back and wrapping my arms around him.

"Do you think we're too close, Ry?" I ask, running my fingers through his hair. "No," he replies. "It's normal for twins to be like this, right?"

"I don't know, stupid, I know as much as you do about living in general." I laugh, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Imagine what would happen if one of us died...how would we cope?" he asks suddenly, and I gasp.

"Why are you even thinking that?!"

"Well...because there's a pretty good chance we won't make it out of this maze alive..." he whispers, stroking circles on my hand.

"We survived here our whole lives, why couldn't we now?" I ask. "Because...now Seth is trying to kill us, and not raise us. Plus, he's completely lost his mind, and isn't going to get it back anytime soon." he explains.

"If you die, I'm going to kill myself. I hope you know that." I say softly, kissing his cheek. "No. Don't you dare." he says sternly. "Come on, you know you would too." I sigh, tracing circles on his back.

He groans quietly, admitting defeat, and holds me closer.

Griffyn's P.O.V

They've started arguing louder, but then it goes quiet, and I look up to make sure one of them hasn't killed the other. "Fine." Max says, and rolls over in his sleeping bag. Elliot groans, lying down next to me and wrapping an arm around my waist. "Did you sort it out?" I ask quietly, snuggling into his arms.

"Kinda..."