16) Maze

We emerge from another area of blackness, and I fall into Elliot's arms as we all crash to the ground. "Oh, fuck..." I look up around us, and the sky is dark and its night time, with stars and storm clouds filling the sky. There are hedges around us, and it's nothing like I would've imagined.

I see a stone castle peeking up in the distance, and I'm assuming there are thousands of traps everywhere. "WELCOME little brats! I see you found your way in!" A robot voice says, making us jump, and I grab Elliot's arm. He clears his throat and speaks normally. "Whoops. So, how do you like being humans?"

"What?" I look around for the source of the voice, but everything is an illusion here, and it seems to be coming from my own ears. I sprout my wings and hover higher, catching sight of the humongous labyrinth.

"Being humans?" Parsley asks. "Yes. There's only one way you're leaving this place. With me gone, or you dead." he cackles, and there's a 'shoop' noise behind us. I look there and see the black hole has disappeared. "No!" We cry.

I feel an emptiness inside, and like my soul has been drained out of me for some reason, then the feeling fades. We all scream, as I'm assuming they felt it too, and we hear two screams from another place.

Luci and Ryder!

"What did you do?!" I yell, reaching my hand out to throw fire. Nothing comes out...

I gasp quietly, trying to use my wings, but nothing happens. "Enjoy being humans!" he cackles, and we all gasp. "Tell you what; for a fair game, I won't watch you! But you have to reach my castle alone! Watch out for the traps!" the whole place falls silent, and we hear people call out. "Guys!" It sounds like the twins, and it's coming from somewhere nearby.

We run around the insanely massive labyrinth, like I can't even express how big it is. Roughly the size of America, by the look of it.

We turn a couple of corners and come face to face with the twins. "Hey!" Luci giggles.

"Hey!" I smile. "Are you okay?" they ask simultaneously. "Yeah..." I say, looking behind me. "No!" Elliot calls out suddenly, just as I feel a burst of pain in my left arm. I put a hand to it, and blood drips down. "Not anymore!" they laugh.

I see Elliot tackle Luci, and then the twins both fade into nothingness. "Guys! Don't trust anyone!" They call out from afar. I cry out in pain, grabbing Elliot's arm, as my head starts to spin. "They're not real!" Luci says.

"This whole place is a game," Seth laughs. "You think you can win?"